Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Erin
Master September 2017 Ontario

Marriage license

Erin, on September 12, 2017 at 10:12 Posted in Before the wedding 0 6
Yesterday we got our marriage license with just about 2.5 weeks left! It was a very long wait (we went during lunch unfortunately as I had to work yesterday) but in the end it all worked out. Now it is really getting down to the nitty gritty. It is so much more real now!!

6 Comments

Latest activity by Sasha, on September 12, 2017 at 13:17
  • Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yay congrats!!
  • Tiffany
    Devoted October 2017 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! I will keep that in mind when we go to get ours!

• Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Exciting! It should be relatively quick but I don't suggest going a Monday or Friday or during lunch.

• Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We been busy the last few months and there have been some hiccups recently that we had to take care of before getting the license. The experience wasn't great to be honest. We had expected to go to City Hall and hand over our documents and IDs and go for a nice lunch. What actually happened was having to wait for something from ServiceOntario and then again wait in the City's line. We waited together for 1.5 hours before I gave in and went back to work very frustrated. My FH stayed and got the marriage license for us. We went in at 12:15 and he was finished by 2:10. I wish the experience had been better. The next things on the to do list are polish the music playlist, finalize the ceremony details, make sure everything makes it to the wedding and reviewing my vows.

• Tiffany
    Devoted October 2017 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We still need to get our license!! Smiley surprise

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wooooo, your wedding is so soon! Why did it take so long to get the license? What was your experience like? What is next on your to-do list?

Not long left!

giphy.gif

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics