Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner August 2021 Manitoba

Manitoba Wedding Planners?!

Ashley, on February 21, 2020 at 01:26 Posted in Manitoba 0 2
Hi MB Brides! My question for everyone is DID you go with a wedding planner, and why/why not? If you did book can you share how it’s been this far and who your planner is? ☺️

2 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on April 12, 2020 at 20:09
  • A
    Newbie August 2021 Manitoba
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hello Ashley with a similar date to this Ashley. Smiley smile

I am using a wedding planner and that decision was mostly because I now live in Australia and planning a wedding from Australia seemed too stressful and impossible aha. But honestly, even if I was still in MB I still reckon it would be worth it!! My wedding planner is Amanda Douglas Events and she has been absolutely amazing - I can't recommend her enough! We went with the full package but she also does Month/Day of coordination I believe.

Every vendor she recommends has been awesome and they all speak very highly of each other. She is soooo organised and makes everything super stress free, and I am excited for the wedding day to be stress free as well. She has a lot of suggestions of getting the best out of your dollar, what you don't need to spend money on etc and a lot of planning tools and tips that you get as well. We got spreadsheets that we can keep track of everything and we can fill it in or send stuff to her to fill in.

All in all I recommend it for sure if you have the budget - if not overly, I think a Day of is a great help too to keep everything on track.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

At first we did - our wedding venue (Rivers Edge Resort) had the option of one of the owners (Joy) being our wedding planner which we agreed to. Then due to the venue picking up more of a following and getting super busy (we booked our venue before it was even built - it was just blue prints and land when we saw it), she had to step down and refund us. She did suggest a replacement but we decided that since our venue was the same place for ceremony and reception that we should be fine without one.

Our price was going to be $1,000 and it was for Month of/ Day of Coordination. This meant that she would have helped us with the scheduling for the day, handling the vendors, had day-of things ready for us if needed like you would have sewing kit, safety kit, etc. For that price I think it would have been nice, but other planners I had talked to wanted more $$

I think that a planner is only NEEDED if you a) have a high guest number (like 200+) b) separate venues for ceremony and reception and c) don't have a wedding party/family that would be willing and able to help out.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics