Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Naomi
Curious September 2018 British Columbia

Mani for the Groom?

Naomi, on August 14, 2018 at 17:46 Posted in Beauty 0 19

This feels like a weird question, but are any of you sending your FH in for a mani before the wedding? I love the look of work-worn hands on a man, but my FH is a farmer so I'm debating if I want him to get a mani (no polish of course) done the day before the wedding. He's cool with whatever I decide.

19 Comments

Latest activity by Naomi, on September 4, 2018 at 08:26
  • Naomi
    Curious September 2018 British Columbia
    Naomi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    He’s cool with doing a mani, but when I offered to book him a pedi too that was an absolute no-go. 😂
  • Samantha
    Beginner September 2018 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I totally didn't think of this for my FH, who is a mechanic. Definitely doing it now!

• Meagan
    Frequent user October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Meagan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My Fiancé is a Drywaller, that boy is getting scrubbed and buffed a couple of days before, no questions asked! My big thing isn't only the worn hands look, my dress is all lace, and I don't want any calloused-hand related disasters!

• Holly
    Frequent user November 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it could be nice and the pictures would look more photogenic. There seems to be a lot of pictures of hands , so if you want pics like that then maybe. He is a keeper for going with whatever you choose. I'm not sure I'd be so lucky with my FH.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My husband has gotten one before, not for the wedding though. There are usually close-up photos of the rings, and therefore your hands, so a mani a few days before might be a nice way for the two of you to spend a bit of time together.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I dod go for medi before the check in date and for the pictures purposes. I have gone since i was a kid in the Philippines.
  • Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Haha that's a good question. I have gone for pedi's with my fiance before but I don't know if he would want to do it before the wedding.

I will have to ask him lol

That's nice yours is good with it. Smiley smile It's actually good for your skin so I don't consider it girly.

• Nicole
    Newbie August 2018 Ontario
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oddly enough this is the only time my husband to be has asked me if he can come with me to get his toes “fixed”. I’m so happy lol
  • Petra
    Frequent user June 2020 Ontario
    Petra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I didn’t even think about this but it’s a great idea! I’m gonna suggest this to my FH
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think if he is ok with it then why not? He can be pampered too!

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Honestly, I was going in for a mani/pedi probably the Thursday before the wedding, and was going to invite my bridesmaids, mom and FMIL, but I may also extend that to my FH. He has gotten a mani/pedi before. I know he wants one for the wedding. And we are going to Caribbean for our honeymoon right after, so we want our feet to look nice, haha.

• Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If he's down for it, why not!!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love this! Yes! If he is up for it then do it! At the same time - what they do you could probably do at home... either way my FH said no to it so take advantage of yours saying yes.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If he's down for it why not? I probably won't get my FH into a salon but I might do a Mani on him the day before. I used to do my own with no polish until I got gel nails lol

• M
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Megis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yeah just ask him and see what he feels comfortable with. Didn't think of sending my groom for a mani. His hands ate fine though
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH has gone for a mani and pedi with me so I vote that you send yours!

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I personally would have my FH do it if his nails weren’t already completely split in the middle so it’s really a waste of money for him. They make your hands feel and look great so if you want a picture of the rings on the hands it’s perfect
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My FH got a MANi with me once! He didnt say he enjoyed it but he was impressed with how nice his hands were after! They do a nice scrub for the skin, a massage and a nail trim and cleaning! No polish in site! I think it's a great idea! If you're taking pictures of your hands at all it'll be worth it to give them an extra scrub!
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It never hurts to have well groomed nails! My FH will probably do it on his own choice. Lots of men do it before the wedding. If you both want it done and he doesn't mind then totally go for it!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics