Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Makeup Monday - who will do your wedding day makeup?

Joey, on February 18, 2019 at 08:05 Posted in Beauty 0 16

Is your makeup artist a pro, a friend, a relative, or yourself? Have you had your makeup professionally done before? Let's talk makeup and wedding day looks!

makeup applicationMakeup Monday - who will do your wedding day makeup? 1

Photo by Art by Mary Zita Payne in Peterbogough

Want more #makeupmonday fun? In past weeks we talked about lipstick, skincare, and nails

16 Comments

Latest activity by Leah, on February 22, 2019 at 08:32
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm going to go to a Sephora or Mac tutorial and then do a fresh faced makeup look for myself.

One of my besties is a makeup artist so I may ask her to help, but don't want her to feel obligated.

• Alycia
    Expert March 2020 Ontario
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It will be a combination of myself and my sister, I honestly really like doing my own makeup, but I am going to ask her to double check it for me she had cosmetology classes during her medical esthetic’s Program. She doesn’t do people’s makeup though for work, she’s an esthetician. I do my own makeup everyday, maybe not glam everyday but I like doing it sometimes for fun though so I know I can do it. I have a year of looks to practice and test out.

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was going to do it myself but my mum thinks we should hire someone. So I’m gonna do a trial and we’ll see how I feel!
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did my own. Totally glad I did. I am comfortable with doing my own make-up, and I could do as many trials as I wanted. It was also a little therapeutic to be doing my make-up while getting ready rather than sitting there with my mind racing as someone else did it for me... haha.

• Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's a professional. I have not had my trial yet so we haven't met, but she seems very nice when I've been talking to her!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Make up artist because I can’t be trusted with my wedding make up to save my life 😂😂😂
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did my own, and I was sooooo scared! I needed a place to save money and I'm hopeless with my hair, so I compromised and hired a pro hair stylist but DIYd my own makeup. It did work out ok in the end after lots of practice, and my sister even asked me to do her makeup for her wedding later that year, but it would have been cool to have a pro MUA

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hiring a pro! I can do my own makeup 100%, and so can most of my Bridesmaids! But it's just one less thing to worry about and our look can stay the same across all of us which will be nice!

• T
    Curious September 2020 Ontario
    Trish ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My MUA is my future sister in law. She’s a professional for film and tv and is unbelievably talented. If I could have her do my makeup everyday I would. There’s literally no one else I’d rather have.
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My MUA is my mom's coworker, who's offered her services for free, as a wedding gift! I was a little hesitant at first, but she does makeup on the side for headshots and weddings.

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My MUA is my MOH/future sister-in-law. She's a professional, and has done many weddings before. I've had my makeup done by her already, and while she can be a bit heavy-handed with the bronzer, I think she's going to do an amazing job.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I hired a vendor I found on Wedding Wire to do my hair and makeup. I didn’t want to have to worry about it on the day and I want to look like the best version of myself ☺️
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was going to ask a friend of a friend to do our makeup. Probably cost less and it's that or I will do my own as it's not one of the areas I would like to splurge on.

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will be hiring a professional. I recently contacted a few vendors through Wedding Wire and my own search. Wish me luck!

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ill be hiring someone professional! I know for myself the way I want my makeup done - I will stress about it too much and mess it up. this happens everytime I do my makeup for a special event; I over think it and try new things and it never works in my favour haha

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I hired a pro. I was originally planning on doing my own but my mom talked me out of it. She said that I would be too stressed to do it right, even though I think it could help relax me.

There are some aspects that I'm not the best at so having a pro will help with that for sure, I was planning on doing workshops with Sephora to get better (might still do this anyways) but I can probably learn something from the pros at my wedding!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics