Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Devoted October 2019 Ontario

Maid of honour going silent

Amanda, on January 5, 2019 at 15:09 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 5
Has anyone experienced his situation, I asked a close friend to be my MOH and she was thrilled, very helpful at the beginning. Now since another friend got engaged my MOH has no time for me, hardly even talks to me. I reach out daily but with next to no response. Is it fair for me to feel a little hurt buy this? She only came to one dress shopping trip with me, I would always ask when she was free as I wanted her there but she was always busy.

5 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on January 8, 2019 at 04:38
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think you should definitely reach out to her and express that you just miss her and want to do wedding planning things together. I'd refrain from mentioning that you think it's since your other friend got engaged since it might make you look jealous. See how the conversation goes and proceeds from there. Maybe she has a lot going on and she doesn't even realize what she's doing.

• P
    Beginner August 2019 British Columbia
    Peggy L ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sorry this happens you. Maybe have a talk with her to see what’s going on.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Totally fair for you to feel hurt by that! I get that she may be just busy in general but it's always best to get everything out in the open and let her know how you feel. I just had a heart to heart with one of my bridesmaids about something that was bugging me and turns out she didn't even realize what was going on or how anything had gone wrong.

You know that mentality of "Men can't read your mind"? I find that more times than not, it's the other way around for me and my friends!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm sorry you are feeling this way! You have every right to be upset with your MOH. I agree with Julie and maybe get together with her and let her know how you are feeling.

• Julie
    Expert March 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am sorry to hear that this is happening to you. I definitely think you have every right to feel let down and hurt... I have 2 MOH's and 1 of them is just what I imagined in a MOH. My other MOH is Family & although she came right to see my Wedding dress & has bought her dress and shoes, each moh are night and day different. When I text them something exciting I get a text & then a call wanting to hear every single detail from one. I get texts like "nice" from my other MOH. It's made it easier for me to decide who will stand beside me & I am sad 1 is not nearly as involved. I would ask your Moh to go for coffee and meet so you can discuss how you are feeling... You need support during this time and I hope you get the answers & excitement from her that she had when you asked her.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics