Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Renee
Devoted October 2018 Ontario

Maid of Honour

Renee, on March 18, 2018 at 18:50 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 17
Hi ladies! I'm Wondering how or if any of you will be doing something to make the maid of honor stand out on your wedding day.

For example, I've seen weddings in the past that have made all the bridemaids wear the same style dress and the MOH wear a different style. As all my bridemaids are wearing a different style that is a bit harder for me to do.

So tell me are you doing this? Or have you seen it done and have some suggestions?

17 Comments

Latest activity by Candace, on March 23, 2018 at 14:16
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are adding lace to the top of my MOH dress to make it stand out a little more but that's it
  • Laura
    Curious September 2018 Quebec
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Since I have a small bridal party (2 bridesmaids and 1 maid of honor) I have all three girls wearing the same dress - except it is those dresses that you can wrap and wear differently. All three girls are going to wear it differently and my MOH will have a bigger bouquet than the two other girls. At the end of the day she will be walking down the aisle alone and announced into the reception as the MOH - plus giving a speech and introducing herself!

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your MOH could have a slightly larger or different bouquet or give her a little more bling. Different shoes and the rest wear the same? It doesn't have to be extremely obvious. Ask her if there's something she wants in order to stand out.

My MOH is a man, so I don't have this problem!

• Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

All of my bridesmaids will be wearing different dresses in the same colour (cobalt). We went to David's Bridal this week and each got to pick out their favourite. I was hoping my MOH would get something a little more *special* and we ended up finding her a dress that's all lace. All the other bridesmaids either have no lace or just a little (ie. top but not bottom) so she will stand out Smiley smile

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've seen the MOH in a different colour/style of dress than the bridesmaids on pinterest, but all the 2 weddings I've been to in my life so far have had the MOH look identical to the bridesmaids.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have noticed people are doing a different dress, every wedding I have been in they haven't done it. Sometimes people give them a different jewelry. or sometimes people do a different hairstyle compared to the rest.

• Renee
    Renee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love the bouquet idea ladies! It's subtle enough to show that she's a tad bit different I think I will do that! This is why I love this community. That being said, I'm still open to any ideas or stories of what you're doing!
  • Renee
    Renee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love how that worked out even when you weren't trying lol
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wasn't going to do anything in particular to have her stand out, but it sort of worked out that way.

I told my bridesmaids that they could pick whatever dress they liked out of a certain colour from a certain brand. The 3 bridesmaids all happened to really like the same dress, and my maid of honour picked a different one. So she'll be in a different dress now!

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    All of my girls are wedding different dresses so they all look different. I'm not doing anything in particular to make her stand out. The day is about you and your husband, not about making others stand out. If you want to make her feel special maybe make her bouquet slightly bigger than the bridesmaids or add a sash to her dress.

• Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My MOH will be wearing a blush / some sort of nude color and my bridesmaids are wearing burgundy dresses. Also her bouquet will be in burgundy ribbon and bridesmaid are in ivory.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have seen it done where the MOH wears a slightly different shade of colour for her dress, a different bouquet or jewelry as well. I did not make the distinction for my girls as they were both MOH - one maid and one matron Smiley smile

• Sabrina
    Beginner May 2022 Ontario
    Sabrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Accessories are a great way to have your MOH stand out. Sometimes a hair piece or extra Jewelry item, or bling on their dress can go a long way! Different or slightly Bouquets are also very good way to get them to be a bit different as well
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not doing anything different for my maid of honour. I have seen the MOH in a different style or colour dress or a different bouquet. That's all I've seen but I'm sure there are other things you could do if you had another idea.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    All my girls will also have different styles (all long) but my MOH will wear a different colour than the bridesmaids. It will either be a complimenting colour or a noticeably different shade of the same colour.
  • Renee
    Renee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The bouquet idea is a good one Danielle! I really like that idea thank you for sharing Smiley smile
  • Danielle
    Curious July 2019 Ontario
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Nothing is set in stone yet but I’m thinking of my moh wearing a long dress and the other two bridesmaids in short dresses. Also am planning for her to have a bit of a bigger/brighter bouquet because she loves flowers.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics