Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Veronica
Super October 2021 Alberta

Made a Decor Commitment

Veronica, on August 16, 2019 at 10:46 Posted in DIY 0 20

Well I've gone and done it now! Thanks to a BOGO sale at Micheals on all their fall decor, I made a decision on what I wanted and just ran with it. May have bought out one store's entire section of fall garland and nearly all the pumpkins. I was having, what felt like, commitment issues this far out from my wedding in terms of deciding on decor and style. But the original vision I had from the beginning is still what I want eight months after engagement so I think that is a good sign! Below is a sample of what I now purchased and is taking over our apartment. Playing heavy on fall colors, the only thing I will change color wise is painting the green pumpkins/squashes a darker teal as that is the bridesmaid dress color. Then I plan to string fairy lights throughout the garland and run that across the tables. The little basket is for our flower girl! Feels exciting! I also like that I will be able to space out finances on decor purchases between now and the next fourteen months.What did you all buy WAY ahead of time for your decor? Did you manage to take advantage of any sales?

DecorMade a Decor Commitment 1

PS the lighting is awful in our kitchen for photos I have come to realize.

20 Comments

Latest activity by Veronica, on September 25, 2019 at 10:13
  • Veronica
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you!

I only buy at Micheals during sales or with a coupon. They are expensive! Pretty good quality thought. I will take a look at aliexpress thanks!

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That looks so cute it wil go with your theme!! only thing is be careful at michaels i find their stuff super expensive. you could end up paying an arm and leg doing all this DIY decor. check aliexpress.com they have tons of stuff and ive been getting all my decor there and its soooo cheap.

• Veronica
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Vinod! I Appreciate the kind feedback. I am super glad to have gotten a good deal this far out.

• Veronica
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha awe! Fall is such an amazing color scheme. But your color scheme will be stunning Smiley laugh!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Nice start to your décor hunting and colours will look nice for what your envisioning. Good choice on BOGO sale being smart to paying less and for half the things they had available at the store. The string lights idea is fantastic and can imagine how that will look with your garlands shining bright.

• A
    Devoted October 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I walked into Michael's yesterday totally forgetting about the BOGO, I saw all the amazing fall decor and my FH and daughter both grabbed my hands. L my wedding is Thanksgiving weekend and sadly all the awesome oranges and reds do not go with our colours. I never said I want to change out theme to rustic pumpkin patch and for once my FH said no to me. Lol
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The only thing that I'm not chill about would be the money Smiley tongue
    Other than that... I mean.. I have the food, officiant, venue, DJ, and booze... So at very least it will serve its purpose!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My florist is doing all of my decor for me! Really grateful for her because I’m not creative in the least.
  • Veronica
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Awe yeah! HAHA yes that sounds perfect. All the sales please!

• Veronica
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sounds like exactly what I want to do. I have a bit of a timeline set to purchase things here and there so it feels spaced out and less like one massive bill at the end.

• Veronica
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah!!! That is my plan, sale and coupons only! Or through swap and buy groups.

• Veronica
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh nice! Thank you Kelsie. We are not doing to much DIY stuff, because I am also not a DIYer, but luckily have a couple major DIYer in my life who are more than happy to help.

So you are having an outside company do your decor? Or does the venue do it for you?

• Veronica
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Apples! Love it. You are so chill for being so close to your wedding date. I just know I am going to go all commando the closer it gets. So trying to get as much done ahead of time to prevent anything super crazy. Ha.

• Veronica
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh yes, I am keeping my eye on local swap sites as well. Super handy!

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love mini pumpkins! They are so cute! I have bought most of my decor and things such as save the dates and invitations early because of sales and coupons. The amount of times I've probably annoyed my FH by being like "Drop everything! we have to do X wedding task this weekend because of this sale/coupon", poor guy.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Love it!! Michaels sales are deadly sometimes lol!
    I tried to space out a lot as I was engaged for almost 2 years. We did our rings earlier this year, wedding party gift, any of my wedding party outfits. we really tried to get as much as we could sooner rather than later.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I honestly bought lots of decor early on and have yet to assemble it lol! I use the 40-50% off coupons from Michael's all the time - I haven't paid full price yet for anything!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m not a DIYer (but have huge respect for those who are) but I’ve already put my deposit down on my decor for my July wedding.

honestly, you can’t do anything “too early” in my opinion. Fabulous finds!!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's great! I have yet to go and buy all the leaves and pumpkins and apples or whatnot for my wedding but I'll probably do that by early September Smiley tongue

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Very exciting! Honestly I watched and did the sales I needed to get. I would say it was mainly posts on local wedding swap sites I got which like sales to me!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics