Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amyfanggg
Frequent user April 2018 Ontario

Mad at my husband about honeymoon

Amyfanggg, on May 10, 2018 at 23:23 Posted in Honeymoon 0 10
Got married almost 2 weeks ago. Before the wedding I already told my now husband to look into honeymoon. The guy was so worried about money, that he didn't want to plan it yet. Fair enough, I thought, after all if we booked something, we had to pay something like a deposit and we were really broke at that point. Now that the wedding is paid for, we have money left and no more debts, he just will NOT decide where to go. I said cruise before and then he said oh what about resort. When I finally agree cause we've already been on a cruise before but not resort, he decides that cruise is still better. When I insisted on resort, he was like "you should choose a resort then". I am so mad at him, I feel like just saying "you know what, let's just not do it. let's not go on honeymoon at all if it's that difficult". SERIOUSLY! I planned the whole damn wedding! Why can't he just do this?! So mad at him!

10 Comments

Latest activity by Emily, on July 30, 2018 at 09:45
  • Emily
    Devoted February 2020 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This sounds very similar to my FH - he is generally pretty good when I ask him to do portions of trips, but I always know that it is just better if I do everything, that way I ensure it gets done and it all works out.

After planning a wedding I definitely get your frustration, a wedding is a lot of work, and you were hoping that he could handle this part - but honestly, if you want it to happen, set time aside to do it together!

• Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I can see your frustration. My FH and I have been planning our honeymoon together. The down fall for us is that we tried to go through a travel agent but found it difficult as my FH is so busy we couldn't go see them. They also went on holidays 2x when attempting to plan it. We finally got a response from her and it was with Air Canada and we didn't want that. And we found better flights and lower time layovers. We have our flight booked to Paris but not our return trip from Germany yet. I like to plan ahead and he is more like let's wait. We are also paying for the wedding ourselves minus a little here and a little there. Planning the wedding he has been there through almost all of it. He has given me the reins for most of it but our hardest decision for us was the fight or should we say many fights at having the ceremony and reception in one place and his parents place only. He finally gave in and let me have the ceremony at my parents house and the reception at his parents house. It can be difficult. Our dream is to go to Europe so that's where we are going. I have been before. We want to go on a cruise but Europe is first. A resort is lots of fun. Enjoy the free drinks and activities during it. You can go on excursions too.

• Julia
    Frequent user June 2019 Alberta
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Some guys just don't like making decisions, I know my FH and I decided on where to go for our honey moon but I will be planning the whole thing, we both prefer that and its a deal we have worked out that I plan everything and then he is responsible for making sure we are still spontaneous

• B
    Devoted September 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My Fiancé is like this. I don’t have a problem with planning things. I do wish he would help at least a little.
  • Lor
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Lor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree with Maegan that you should sit down and do it together. And that no matter what you book, enjoy the time you have together.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I strongly agree with doing it together! Maybe it's not something he wants to do on his own and wants to make sure he picks something you will be happy with?
    My fiancé and I plan on going through wedding gifts and organizing a fund for a honeymoon (which will be later in the year) we have a few ideas but it is for sure something we are doing together!
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That can definitely be frustrating. I agree with Maegan though, perhaps schedule a time for both of you to sit down and do it. While you did do a lot of planning for the wedding, this can be a fun little date night with some appetizers and the computer and choose a location, your excursions etc....

Turn the negative into a positive experience, and I bet you'll enjoy the honeymoon that much more. Best of luck!

• Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sorry to hear about your frustration. Did you not check-in with him along the way to see how he's making out with the honeymoon plans? It couldn't have been a complete surprise that he hasn't booked anything, especially since you mentioned that you haven't had money for a trip deposit until after the wedding was over. The honeymoon should be a celebration and stress-free, I wouldn't be too hard on him, but let him know that he's let the team down and just move on and start planning something together.

I hear your frustration though. I'm planning the wedding, the wedding night accommodations, our mini-moon and the honeymoon. It's overwhelming! My FH is amazing in so many ways, but he doesn't see the benefits to planning ahead, and he requires a lot of reminders along the way. I've got him focusing on getting the guys together to look at suits, his bachelor party and he needs to get his passport. Those have kept him busy since January. That's why I'm doing everything else. I don't think men can juggle too many things at once. 😆

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance was supposed to plan our honeymoon (turned into a mini-moon) and he has also delayed. Yes, it's frustrating, but it will be alot of fun once it is planned! I would suggest letting him plan it. If he decides a cruise is best, that's great, a cruise will be so much fun. If he decides a resort is best, that's great, a resort is a great place to go! You can make suggestions, but if you have agreed that he is planning it, trust that he will! Doesn't mean you can't check in every once in awhile though!

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yup. Guys are frustrating but we love them anyway Smiley winking
    I know this seems super frustrating right now but dont not go somewhere! Honestly while you are chilling on a resort beach (or a cruise) you wont be angry about it anymore and youll enjoy yourselves.... Planning vacations is much more fun then wedding planning...

Maybe schedule a night for the two of you to sit down together and book something?? It doesnt have to fall on either one of you individually to plan your honeymoon

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics