Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Caitlin
Newbie June 2021 Ontario

Lunch reception?

Caitlin, on October 9, 2019 at 12:27 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 6
Has anyone held a lunchtime reception? We are looking at places to hold one, lunch around noon and over by 3 kinda deal. What kind of food would you guys think appropriate for a lunch wedding?

Getting married Halloween 2020.

6 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on October 16, 2019 at 11:50
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My gf did lunch at old mill in off season it was much cheaper and amazing food. she served a full course meal with steak as the main or chicken but most people got steak. i think a big lunch would be nice with desserts!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hmmmm, I say who cares what time it's at - supper/dinner/lunch can be whatever you want it to be! Preferably nothing too heavy granted, but I would still stick with a salad, meat, starch, veggie, etc. Shouldn't be any complaints!

P.S. Congrats on the engagement!

• Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway
    Cliodhna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey there, Caitlin!

It would totally depend on the reception you want to host and your budget!

A brunch menu could be a great option or a fully served multiple-course meal.

If you wanted something more cost efficient, nibbles such as sandwiches, salads, a cheese board with crackers, a fruit platter, etc.

What sort of vibe/atmosphere are you wanting to create at the reception?

• B
    Frequent user July 2020 Saskatchewan
    Brett ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My brother did this for his first wedding ceremony was at 11 I think. They had a champagne luncheon afterwards . Served champagne and orange juice along with a platter from Costco of sandwiches and cupcakes. That was it. Then the wedding party left at 3 to go for pictures, then we went for supper then out to a bar to drink and have fun.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Lunch Receptions is a new start and not bad if your having your timing early. I would consider something light and less proportionate. Mimosas and/or Sangria are a nice way to start the drinks followed by 3 course meal and no sweet table. Just 2 desserts to keep things simple, cake and your choice of alternative.

As for the main course, salmon would be a great choice.

• M
    Expert September 2019 Ontario
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it would depend on the sort of vibe you wanted. I could see anything from a plated 3 course meal, to brunch type foods (I personally think this would be fun! I love brunch and mimosas on the weekend!), to sandwiches and salads.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics