Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Natalie
Devoted July 2020 Ontario

Looking for Drummers!

Natalie, on November 5, 2018 at 23:17 Posted in Ontario 1 11

GRAND WEDDING ENTRANCE with Lebanese Zaffet !

Okay, so me and my fiance have probably watched all of the iconic film series 100 times by now and we still get chills over the entrance of this video (before the traditional Lebanese song kicks in as they come through the door - I could do without that part and just continue with the beat they had before)

So basically, I'm looking for drummers. I tried to find a Lebanese Zaffet in Toronto and the ones I did find were nowhere NEAR as good as this. I was thinking of maybe finding an actual marching band or some sort of organized music group that could pull off this entrance for us.

Does anyone know of where the hell I would start looking for that kind of entertainment? I will take any suggestions at this point. I have until 2020 so I'm prepared to scout music students if I get that desperate.

11 Comments

Latest activity by NANCY, on December 10, 2019 at 15:51
  • M
    Newbie August 2020 Ontario
    Meirna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am also obsessed with the iconic films entrances! Have you found anything similar? Sax & drums?
  • Carmen
    Newbie May 2020 Ontario
    Carmen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Beautiful!!! Who were the drummers you hired? I am looking as well.

• Aaron
    Newbie March 2019 Ontario
    Aaron ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Natalie,

Did you find anyone? I'm looking for something similar in Toronto.

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hitmen Drumline - they are AMAZING. They do a lot of work for some of the Canadian NHL teams right now and have done stuff for the Jay's in the past. I actually played with them for a bit and I can tell you they are so fun and high energy!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Toronto's Best Dhol Players for Weddings .:: Dhol Toronto Entertainment™ ::.www.dholtoronto.com › dhol
    Here is a site to check out for Dhol drummers as mentioned. They are local to your city.
  • Natalie
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You're like an angel sent from above.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! please let me know!

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Natalie I'm doing zaffe research as well, I'll let you know if I find anyone who could do something like this. Future brother-in-law does debke for weddings so he knows a lot of people, I'll get his input too Smiley shame

• Natalie
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks for all the feedback guys! I'm still trying to find specific groups online but if you come across any groups in your searches please paste em. I will look into groups from windsor and bangra drummers as well.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    As for your search, i would suggest to look into bangra drummers that can do the same as labanese drummers. There are lots in Toronto. Search them out if interesred and they do lots of wedding entrances.
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That song/entrance was AWESOME!

maybe search for wedding bands. they may surprise you on what they can do. and branch out geographically. but then you have travel costs.

I know here in Windsor we have a large Lebanese population. so I wouldn't be surprised if there are some great bands here that could do that.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The only place that I can think of to start looking would be if you have any festivals like that in your area. Here in Winnipeg MB we have Folklorama which is a festival for any and every type of culture out there so I'm sure you would be able to reach out to them and ask them if they perform for weddings. If you don't have something like that in your city, then perhaps you could find a dance troop and see if they have any go-to's for live music?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics