Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Brittany
Newbie June 2020 British Columbia

Looking for an affordable officiant.

Brittany, on February 21, 2020 at 14:47 Posted in British Columbia 0 8
Looking for an affordable officiant. Me and my fiance want a non religious small ceremony (10 minutes or so) least expensive I could find was 500$ and I just cant bring myself to pay that much for such a small ceremony.

8 Comments

Latest activity by Paige, on August 14, 2020 at 17:10
  • P
    Newbie September 2020 British Columbia
    Paige ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I just realized how old your post it so I've deleted my comment I'm sure you got it sorted.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

These 2 sites will give you plenty of choices and profiles to view to see if you like to reach them for quotes and work to your ceremony direction.

Humanist Officiants Search - Humanist Canada

https://www.humanistcanada.ca/officiantsCanada's award-winning officiant servicehttps://allseasonsweddings.com
  • Amanda
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think that's the average price unfortunately. Do you have a friend or family member that goes to church that could ask their minister? My fiance's Mom goes to church regularly and we are using the man from her church. We aren't doing a religious ceremony and he was okay with that and half the cost if I remember correctly.
  • S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can have a friend or family member marry you and you can apply online.

• Natasha
    Devoted May 2021 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes that’s another thing to. What does the $500 include? Some officiant that charge less do less - like no customization of your ceremony or rehearsals are extra.
  • Natasha
    Devoted May 2021 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Average pricing for Ontario is about $200-500. If you have any local wedding buy and sell FB groups maybe try posting in there? Or check with your venue for recommendations?
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't know if it's the same in BC but in New Brunswick lawyers can become officiants. So you might be able to find some officiants by contacting smaller law firms. Also your provincial website might have a "getting married" section where you can find a list (if they are lawyers you can use Canadian Law List to look them up and see their year of call to the bar, usually newer lawyers are cheaper than older more experienced ones).

And I know $500 sounds like a lot but they will probably meet with you before, attend your rehearsal, and take care of the legal requirements to make sure your marriage certificate gets properly filed or registered. When you break it down $500 doesn't seem as bad for several hours worth of work over a longer period of time.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Best I could find over here in Manitoba was $150 before travel - but the most common amount I was getting from officiants was $250... I know it doesn't help you out over in BC, but that's the pricing that I was getting even after I told them I just want a simple, no personal vow, quick ceremony.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics