Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Candice
Newbie September 2021 Nova Scotia

Looking for a food truck.

Candice, on September 11, 2019 at 08:11 Posted in Wedding reception 0 5
Hello, I’m wondering a few things, who here has went the food truck route for catering their wedding? Did it go well timing and getting the food out? Do you have any recommendations for a truck? Our first pick of the food trucks is already booked for September 12 2020. 😅 If you have any recommendations for catering that isn’t your usual sit down chicken dinner, we are open to suggestions.
Thank you!

5 Comments

Latest activity by Candice, on October 3, 2019 at 12:37
  • Candice
    Newbie September 2021 Nova Scotia
    Candice ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey. The hunt is over. The truck we were looking to hire was booked for our date so we went with his recommendations. We’re going with Asado’s, they are a smokehouse bbq style catering. They bring their big smoke bbq on site and cook up there. They just worked a 80 person. Wedding last week at our venue that went well for them. We’re looking at having 90-100 so hopefully it will also go well for us! We are supper excited.
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

How is the search for a food truck going? When I hear about food truck catering the main concern is usually around how long it can take to serve all the guests, which is why sometimes people opt to use a food truck for cocktail hour or a late night snack. How many guests are you planning to have?

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We aren't using a food truck - but we are getting outside catering and that would be Danny's Whole Hog BBQ. They are obviously located here in MB so you wouldn't be able to get them, but I would look to see if there are any places like that where you are. Danny's is known for never running out of food and I have yet to meet somebody who doesn't like their food (except the vegans... vegetarians are okay with their sides..)

Do you have any local wedding shows? If they have already come and gone then perhaps you could at least browse the vendors on the website?

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re doing a food truck! but we’re having them serve dinner buffet style for our guests to keep everything easy!
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would use a reputable food truck like your trying to do- the one my friend used (i was bm in her wedding). She was soo hard to get ahold of. They showed up hour late, which meant food didn't come out for another hour. She did it for a late night snack though. and was still served buffet style. I have been to other weddings and it was amazing. It honestly depends on person you hire!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics