Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Curious September 2021 Ontario

Long Tables vs Round Tables?

Tinaka, on August 7, 2019 at 13:37 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 13
For several years now ive been envisioning what my wedding would be like. My vision includes having two long tables for everyone to sit at. I would have the ceremony in the same place, everyone will sit at the tables and the spot between them becomes the aisle i walk down.

Recently my Fiancé has started to envision our wedding and well...he is not so keen on the idea lol

Part of me wants to go all bridezilla and go " Its my day!" But i dont really believe in that cause its not just my day

So what are your opinions on long tables or round tables?

13 Comments

Latest activity by Rayanne, on August 15, 2019 at 00:04
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I will have the round tables. Never even occurred to me to have long tables. They do look beautiful.
  • Francesca
    Frequent user November 2020 Ontario
    Francesca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I prefer round tables as you can sit people whom know each other together and it is much easier for guests to communicate with each other! Although I love the look of long tables depending on the venue - I think it's stunning!

If he is not so keen on it how about you do the bridal party and immediate family table as "kings tables" for the long vision and then round tables for the guests?

Kings TableLong Tables vs Round Tables? 1

• T
    Tinaka ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Omg thats dreamy 😍😍😍
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My venue has long tables.. so we will have long tables..

I like em Smiley smile

Here's a pic:

Long Tables vs Round Tables? 2

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm with you on dreaming of long tables, my cousin recently went this route at his wedding and the reviews from guests weren't as positive. A lot of people find it harder to talk with people at their tables with long tables since they are father away from most of their tablemates.

So personally we've switched to a combo of round and rectangular in order to encourage mingling.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were told when deciding on tables and seating that round tables allowed guests to talk amongst themselves easier without having people yelling up and down the whole table. We also went to a wedding where it was a few long tables and getting in and out of your seat was difficult so it made it more noticeable when someone did get up.
    It also depends on what will look better at your venue and what you both want to do. Maybe see if your venue has photos of each setup and see if that helps you decide anything?
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The venue outlook does give what tables work best in my view.

A narrow space with long tables gives the bigger view and space in between to walk. Guests can still talk to those beside and across them.

Round tables do give that spacious feeling for guests to talk to everyone. Banquet hall size is good to look into these tables for larger spaces.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I prefer round. It’s easier to talk to people. With longer tables you need to move around or shout across.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I prefer round over long for discussions like Becky said. My cousin did half and half at her wedding and it looked pretty good, so she had those long tables, and the family sat there on each side, and then round ones for the rest of the guests.

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Try showing him pictures of what you mean and what you envision. I can understand the conversation issue but at round tables you really only talk to the people who are next to you or you end up shouting across the table.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What one girl did that I attended she had her isle with the round tables but like not directly straight still looked really nice.

Its hard when you have your mind set! I defiantly had a few visions I had to compromise with. Just figure out the ones you are willing to compromise with and ones you won't

• T
    Tinaka ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thats his arguement too, the conversation factor. What he says is the tables will be staggered and there will still be a "isle" for me to walk down.

Im just having a hard time letting go of my vision lol
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Is he wanting a regular isle or he is willing to consider round or long? Round is easier for people to talk to everyone then longer tables. I prefer round over long due to this as being a guest at weddings it was more fun and you could talk to everyone at the table

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics