Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jayda
Newbie June 2020 Saskatchewan

Long-lasting Makeup Recommendations

Jayda, on January 31, 2020 at 12:20 Posted in Beauty 0 7
Looking for recommendations for makeup primers and setting sprays that will help my makeup last throughout the day—drugstore products or high end. My eyeshadow especially creases quite quickly, so I’m for sure in need of a good eyeshadow primer. Thank you!

7 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on February 4, 2020 at 17:06
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

And then if i wear lipstick i use kat von d lipstain it literally never comes off its amazing

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I use mac eye shadow primer. but what i do is wash my face with soap put body cream on then put a face primer then liquid cover up then powder cover up. for my eyes i do a primer then eye shadow but like the loose powder then eyeliner and mascara and i use all mac brand.

• Emilyn
    Curious July 2022 Manitoba
    Emilyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Urban Decay has an awesome setting spray if you check out their website they were giving away free samples, mine came in about a month after ordering! It would be enough for your wedding day and then you don't have to waste money on an expensive big bottle of it!
  • M
    Frequent user May 2021 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Do you set your eyeshadow base with a powder before putting shadows on? I have a wildly oily complexion, including my eyelids, and when I started doing this, it worked WONDERS for keeping the makeup from creasing! My shadows never move around anymore! I still cut my crease with a wet base and apply shimmers to it directly, but for the initial base application I use a powder to set it and then start with whichever matte shades I'm using!

For setting sprays, while it's expensive, the best setting spray I've ever used is the Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray. It will glue your makeup to your face, but it feels so refreshing when you put it on! I use the mattifying one. I don't shell out $$$ for it often, but it's worth it for special occasions! Drugstore-wise, Maybelline's setting powder and setting spray are a fantastic combo for oily skin, the powder looks so natural and I don't ever have trouble with it creasing or clumping throughout the day.

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have very oily eyelids and the only primer that works for me is the NARS smudge proof eyeshadow primer, I'm going to ensure that my makeup artist uses it because my eyeshadow always looks awful after a few hours without it

• Andrea
    Curious October 2021 Ontario
    Andrea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Love using urban decay eye primer or make up forever eye lid primer . For face I love the becca backlight face primer to give a glow underneath your foundation. Also top it off with morphee setting spray or urban decay all nighter spray to make sure it stays in place!!
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am never without Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer Potion! It is amazing stuff and keeps everything in place and just sets a really smooth application for any kind of eyeshadow, whether it's matte, glitter, or cream based. You can get a mini sized one for $17.50 and a little goes a long way so it lasts awhile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics