Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Living with your spouse

Joey, on September 21, 2017 at 08:11 Posted in Living together 0 10

Let's talk about living together.

Did you live together before you were married? How did things change from before you were married to after?

Are you planning to move in together in the future? What are you most excited about? What are you most nervous about?

How does this change when kids are involved?

What are some tips to navigate merging households and lives?

Photo by Jay Li Photography in Toronto

10 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on August 14, 2018 at 19:21
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We lived together for almost 4 years before getting married. Since the wedding, things have changed financially and family wise with immediate families and dogs. The way we schedule our vacations and schedules as to not having it set before.

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are living together before our wedding and can't wait to have kids (well we can until after the wedding). I'd say we will probably be more neat and organized living together though once we have kids.
  • Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We moved in together about a month before we got engaged (he'd been planning it for months without me knowing). I'd say it wasn't too difficult of an adjustment, but I'm glad we got to live together before getting married. We're both really independent so it did take some adjusting to living together and I wouldn't want to do that after the wedding. I'm excited to just settle back into the rhythm of everyday life after we get back from our honeymoon.

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

?? You don't have a message.

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We've been dating for over 6 years but haven't lived together. Our wedding is on Sunday and I'll move in after the honeymoon. My most difficult issue is that I have a very full house and it won't all fit into his place so I'll have to do some serious purging over the next few months. Another concern is finding our rhythm together. Each person does things differently (and has for decades). It will take some getting used to, that's for sure.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have been living together for 1.5 years now. At first it was a little difficult and definitely different but we have our rhythm now. I'm sure kids will eventually change this as they do everything else lol

• Erin
    Expert September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He moved in a couple of months after we got engaged, but we still lived with my mom to save money while planning the wedding. We found our own place and moved in about 3 weeks ago, and so far it has been great. When we get married we will have already lived together for 2 years, so I don't think much will change. I think many people think they know their partner/spouse before they move in, but once you do live together, you probably will learn new things about them, good and not so good lol. I would just say compromise and communication are the most important things since it will be an adjustment!

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We lived together for around 5 years before we got married and we still live together now. Not much has changed for us !
  • Hayley
    Newbie December 2018 Matanzas
    Hayley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
  • Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He moved in last week and we're getting married next weekend. So far so good. I have a small condo so we'll see how it goes but we're planning to buy something a bit bigger together next year.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics