Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephanie
VIP May 2019 Ontario

Living Together!

Stephanie, on February 19, 2019 at 08:09

Posted in Living together 34

Good morning everyone! I know I have seen a bunch of times on here how long couples have lived together before marriage! As a bride myself who is waiting until marriage to live together, I want to hear your stories! What were some of the things you were most excited about when you were going to move...

Good morning everyone!

I know I have seen a bunch of times on here how long couples have lived together before marriage! As a bride myself who is waiting until marriage to live together, I want to hear your stories! What were some of the things you were most excited about when you were going to move in together? What were some of your worries? When you finally did move in, what were some of your favourite things? And what are some things that you're still working on?

For me I cannot wait to kiss my to be husband goodnight every night and good morning every morning! Sometimes now we go days without seeing each other and I just cannot wait to even have that small moment every day even when he comes home late from work or I leave super early in the morning!

A worry? I'm actually not even sure, I know things will be difficult and possibly challenging but I am almost looking forward to those moments to to help strengthen and continue to build our relationship!

How has it been looking forward to and living with your spouse or to be spouse!

34 Comments

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was most excited about getting to see him everyday, regardless of our schedules! When living separately, there'd be times we went almost a week since that's how it worked out with school projects for me and work for him. Even if we only see each other for 5 minutes on certain days, it's definitely worth it! I think he was excited to have someone help split the bills lol

I tend to be a worst-case scenario worrier lol. I worried that we would be totally incapable with living together since we've both had our share of college/university roommate horror stories, but I think dating each other and building a relationship that way before moving in definitely helped! We shared each other's horror stories and vowed to never be like those people to each other.

My favourite thing would be is that we feel like a family already with our 2 cats! It's never lonely since even if he's at work, the cats are bugging me for pets/more food lol. I also like not having to worry about disturbing roommates with certain activities.

We are continuously working on our relationship, mainly chore division. We don't have a set schedule so sometimes dishes pile up and I feel like I've been the only one doing them. We both hated having a roommate-scheduled chore list so we usually ask the other one for help/to do a chore if they have more free time than the other. We are also renovating/looking to move into a bigger place, so some thing with the house itself is a work in progress.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think that the thing I was most excited for moving in was the fact that our commute to each other would be gone! I lived at the south end of the city and he lived in the north end of the city so it was a 45 minute drive to him and another 45 minute drive back home!!

I think that the only worries I had were the bills. The fact of the matter is that our mortgage payment is more than a single paycheck of mine so I would worry about the bills even though he had it covered... I just tend to worry about things that aren't a problem.

Some of my favourite things when we moved in was that we adopted a cat and a dog! As well I loved that we could have people over until whatever time of the night. I was 20 when we bought the house and the general rule for living at my parents was that it was quiet time at 10PM so parties were for sure not a thing (even a late night fire). Same with his family, but he was also paying majority of their rent so the rules weren't exactly stopping him.

Still working on? Well... my Fiancé is a carpenter... therefore we are still upgrading the house! It's mostly done but we need to add some electrical and close up the ceiling. The rest is cosmetic (like the cabinets need updating) so it could wait until whenever.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics