Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Elizabeth
Newbie November 2020 Ontario

Livestream Wedding??

Elizabeth, on September 14, 2020 at 17:43 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 4
Hi everyone!

My fiance has family in the US and in Germany, as far as we know, they will not be able to attend in person.
Has anyone here live streamed their wedding??

4 Comments

Latest activity by Elizabeth, on September 15, 2020 at 20:27
  • Elizabeth
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks so much! I will definitely look into all of these options
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If your guests are connected to you via Facebook, you can make a wedding group and add them. On the day of, everyone can be on the group as you do a Facebook Live session. This is a free option.

If you have less than 50 people watching, you can do a YouTube live private stream. Great if your phone/iPad has the YouTube app. This is also free but everyone requires a gmail account to access. The live stream will be immortalized on your own YouTube account as a video that you can rewatch over and over.

If you prefer something more private and not have your guests sign up for any particular email or social media (ie older family members), the easiest way is to use EventLive. It costs $50 flat per event and allows unlimited guests. You just send your guests the link, no need for accounts, apps, or any downloads and they'll see you live when the scheduled time comes. It also comes with reminders on email so they know to click the link when the time comes. Guests can access it from any internet browser on phone or computer. For those who miss it, the link will keep the event as a recording for up to 365 days. Your guests can leave you messages in the chat for you to read after. Both virtual weddings I've attended used EventLive.

Most phone mics are terrible at picking up sound beyond two feet's distance so I recommend having a simple PA (portable audio) system set up so that your voices can be amplified into the phone recording. One of the weddings was held in a church and the camera didn't pick up a good chunk of the vows because they weren't speaking into a mic. You can rent a PA from Long and McQuade for around $30 (there's one in Belleville).

Good luck!

• Elizabeth
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Is there any specific apps or equipment we should be looking into?
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've attended several live stream weddings during the pandemic and I've run virtual conferencing for my job. What do you need help with?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics