Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Newbie August 2020 British Columbia

Livestream ceremony?!

Erin, on March 29, 2020 at 10:39 Posted in Wedding ceremony 2 11
We cancelled our August wedding and am now doing a July Friday night ceremony with immediate family. We have family who are wondering if we can live stream. We really wanna do this, but hiring a professional is not in the budget.

Any DIY recommendations?!

11 Comments

Latest activity by Barbarra, on May 13, 2022 at 05:27
  • Barbarra
    New York
    Barbarra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If I were you, I would backup your computer with a laptop. Just to avoid any unpleasant surprises during the ceremony broadcast. I plan to keep https://www.auslogics.com/en/articles/fix-input-not-supported-on-monitor-2/ at hand just in case if anything goes wrong with windows boot, for example. But to be honest, there won't be much time, so aside from that a reserve computer will be great.

• L
    Newbie June 2024 Ontario
    Lourdes ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sorry for the duplicate.

• L
    Newbie June 2024 Ontario
    Lourdes ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi there, and what if anything happens to the computer or a broadcasting program? We plan to invite about a hundred of guests and I don't want to feel confused.

• Megan
    Frequent user April 2021 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would use Zoom. Then you can keep it private, you can mute everyone and turn off their cameras, so all they can see and hear is your ceremony. It's worked really well for my fitness classes online - even my mother was able to set it up herself.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I highly recommend YouTube over Facebook. It doesn't require a login to view the video and the quality is superior to Facebook's in every way. It's also great because if anyone's late, even by a few minutes, they can jump back to the beginning whenever they want while you're still streaming, whereas I believe on Facebook you have to wait until the stream is done before you can go back. You can send the YouTube link to family and friends anywhere without opening up your Facebook profile to being public.

If you're using Youtube Live, make sure you're setting your phone on landscape (horizontally) otherwise you're wasting a lot of previous screen space.

That being said, for anyone who wants to use Facebook as their live stream but is not using an iphone, make sure you hold the phone in portrait (vertically) otherwise your stream will end up sideways. This is not a problem with iPhones.

• S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Erin,

I was thinking the same way. I have family in NY and they would love to see if they cant make it.

Our wedding is in September, not far from your original date.

I was thinking of live streaming on FB. Just the ceremony part Im thinking. My daughters Iphone is pretty good.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Live stream can be done if you have the right app and equipment set up. YouTube as suggested is a great way to get ideas and notifying your family and friends the day before to get set up ahead of time to see the ceremony. Friends/Family may have someone that has done it and can recommend something to you or speaking to you videographer inquiring if it can be included in the charge.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The thing about Zoom is that it feels like teleconferencing. You'll see screens of all the participants. I would suggest Youtube Live.

If you don't have access to a good video camera, I highly suggest using an iPhone with the YouTube app instead of a laptop webcam. Laptop webcams are not the best quality whereas an iPhone camera is pretty good. You can get a phone tripod for less than $20. It's much better than having someone's hand shake while holding the phone for 10+ minutes.
    You can learn how to use YouTube live here.https://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/how-to-broadcast-with-youtube-live/
  • lkbuck
    Curious January 2021 New Brunswick
    lkbuck ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You can create a private group on fb and invite family/friends to join. Then from someone's phone at the ceremony get them to live stream in that group. You could also try Zoom, it's a video conferencing site if some of your family members don't have Facebook.
  • A
    Devoted July 2023 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Zoom is the new thing, I honestly never heard of it until recently. I had to use it for a meeting and it is really easy to use. It sends an email to those you want to join your meeting with a number code/password as your login, they click on the link which tells you the time it will start and when it is ready to begin you enter the code/password and you are in. For the person being sent the link you don’t need to sign up or have a user name like Skype or FaceTime, so if you have any guests who may not be tech savvy Zoom may be better for them.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    One of our cousins did Skype and FaceTime with a laptop.

I’m not really that technological though so I have no idea how many people you could add in to watch.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics