Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelly
Devoted May 2020 Ontario

Lingerie or a gift!?

Kelly, on August 11, 2019 at 04:08 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 16
Would you rather lingerie for your bachelorette or they girls all pitch in and buy you a gift like a Tiffany bracelet or something?!

Lingerie or a gift!? 1

16 Comments

Latest activity by Rayanne, on August 20, 2019 at 14:20
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was unaware of this tradition. I won't be expecting anything since most of my friends have been part of the same weddings I have been part of and would never think of this. I'm not really even wanting much of a bachelorette party anyway. Just a night in with my girls. Slumber party with a few drinks.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm with Amanda, BunnyBride, and Casey - never heard of the bachelorette including gifts. But, if they offer... then I mean it all depends on how close you are to your friends. For my girls I wouldn't want them picking that out (especially because it would cost a fortune for my cup size). For most bachelorette's that I have either been to or seen in a movie - the only gift is the BM's paying for all the activities and drinks for the bride. If it's a game then a single underwear is cool, but if it's a whole set then... pass...

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The gift depends on the bride and how they prefer to receive something intimate clothing. Some brides would like something more on the basis of which the bridesmaid come together putting what they can afford for 1 gift to you.

The idea of 1 gift and whole lot of people pitching in money is done in our family as many family members celebrate their birthday and are given 1 gift than many to take home.

It the thought put into what's given and if your having your bridal party pay for their dresses or anything else. It does add up for them and having to consider their budget at the same time.

• Kelly
    Devoted May 2020 Ontario
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is true! I’ve just never realized it wasn’t an expected thing, it’s always been around in this area.. maybe things are beginning to change?
  • Kelly
    Devoted May 2020 Ontario
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks! That’s a great point
  • BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Really, most wedding 'traditions' haven't been around all that long like our parents generation or grandparents generations max. Trends and new twists change every few years too or where someone lives.
    There's so much variation, so I would do whatever you want or feels like the best decision.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am honestly not expecting anything for my bachelorette. I haven’t said anything to the ladies attending about gifts. IF they want to give one that is completely up to them!
    It is meant to be a night out, and most of the time the bride doesn’t pay for anything that night so for me that would be enough of a gift
  • Kelly
    Devoted May 2020 Ontario
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hmm okay... I was under the understanding that there was always lingerie gifts.. which I know my girls are aware of for my bachelorette however for a bachelorette I am planning for a firmed perhaps I should says it’s optional on top of the underwear game?
  • BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was in the same boat of understand as Amanda: that bachelorette didn't necessarily have a gift. For conversation sake and with my particular Bride Tribe group, I think they'd go the gift route, but something more like a D&D Book or a couple boxes of miniatures. (We are all hardcore nerds)

• Kelly
    Devoted May 2020 Ontario
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes I could see that if it’s mostly his family! I would be comfortable with my girls choosing lingerie for me as most have them have been shopping with me in the past and know my preferences
  • Kelly
    Devoted May 2020 Ontario
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think it’s nice to have some organization (game wise) however the actual gift giving could be personalized however they choose?
  • K
    Curious August 2020 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I hate anything with a rule. I know the bachelorettes and showers i have been to in the past are always more relaxed when there isn't a strict list of rules to go by. Ex: buy underwear for the bride but make it so they reflect each giver's personality...wear this shirt to match everyone else.....ughhh, it's like going to an event planned by a elementary teacher.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For me personally, I’d rather no gift at all. If I had to choose I’d prefer not to receive lingerie.

I might be conservative this way but my bachelorette is all of my FHs family so, a little awkward for me! I also would prefer to select my own lingerie anyway, just a personal preference.
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey - if it's your friends that are asking what you want then I would say they are ok with whatever you decide... Maybe give them a few different ideas in various price ranges and they can decide from there. Like you, any one I have been to it's the traditional lingerie or similar gifts like sex toys, etc. I think the lingerie thing is cute, but realistically - will it end up being something you love and will actually wear?...

• Kelly
    Devoted May 2020 Ontario
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Any bachelorette i have been a part of it’s just a. Classic understanding that you bring and lingerie gift... I just had some of my friends ask me which I would rather and I had never really thought of a real gift or jewellery before
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

From what I have always understood - gifts aren't really mandatory for batchelorette parties. It's definitely a nice touch, but not needed. Lingerie goes with the traditional theme of the party but I know it's not what all people may want and it might make sense to have something a little more useful. However, if I'm being honest, if I was asked to chip in for expensive jewellery I wouldn't be happy. Usually batch gifts are funny/cute little novelty things. Especially if there was also going to be a shower or social or other events, having to purchase gifts for all of these are very costly for your bridal party and guests. The batch party is supposed to just be a fun night out.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics