Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephanie
VIP May 2019 Ontario

Lingerie?

Stephanie, on April 10, 2018 at 09:34 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 27

Alright everyone! I know the most important attire of clothing on the big day is the Bride's Dress, but what are people thinking of under it?

My dress has a built in bra and corset so I doubt I'll be wearing anything else on top... I'm debating what to wear on the bottom if it should be something to tuck my tummy in? Practical or something more sexy?

Also in terms of the garter belt (for the toss) I have a mermaid dress fitted to my knees and I'm not sure where I should wear mine? Might be awkward if my fiance has to go digging up my dress to find it on my thigh :')

27 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on April 17, 2018 at 07:47
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah I'm for sure moving towards the change into something fancy after the party seems to be the best route!

• Cynthia
    Curious August 2020 Ontario
    Cynthia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My goal is to find a dress that I will not need to wear shape wear with, so comfortable underwear for me. I will probably buy a sexy lingerie set to change into night of our wedding Smiley smile
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My dress was pretty fitted so I couldn't wear anything too sexy under it as it would have shown any patterns or ridges. I opted for practical comfort. My husband didn't mind as we were busy from 9am the day of the wedding to 3am the next day!

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ohh thats a good idea too!
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

See I like that idea!!

I was also thinking a hungover brunch the next day if needed ahaha!

• Maegan
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Friends are the worst! Haha. What i keep telling people is that we will have an 'afterparty' the next day to finish off the beer kegs and we can drink a lot then, but not on the wedding day! Fingers crossed my plan works!
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is my worry too! I don't want to go too hard at the reception because I would like to enjoy our first night as a married couple!

But if I know my friends... and especially his... we could be in for a rough time hahah!

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's very true! I will prob do just over the knee that should work fine! Thank you!

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Nahh! Not boring! To each their own!

Especially if you're both not into the idea of it no reason to force it either!

• Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely aim for comfort during the day! If you want to wear something sexy, save it for afterwards and change into it.

• Maegan
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ill be going for comfort for the day of! Built in bra and spanx to prevent chafing!

But i will buy some cute (or sexy?) lingerie to change into before bed, but wont be wearing it under the dress all day. Fingers crossed neither of us is too tired (or drunk) to have some fun before going to sleep! Both of us are planning on keeping a level head all night but im sure our wedding party has other ideas.... So we will see how it goes haha.
  • Emily
    Devoted November 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Good question!! I got my dress second hand, and every part fits me except for my boobs! So I'm wearing those gel inserts on top plunging the sexy level straight to the floor lol, but I was thinking of having my fiance pick out the underwear he wants me to wear (within my comfort parameters of course. I don't want to wear some weird uncomfortable underwear all day), so it sexifies the horrible top half a bit more after a night of dancing with a sweaty gel thing 😂
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think I'll opt for something practical instead of sexy. Might slip into something sexy once we get to the hotel room if we're not too tired/drunk from the festivities Smiley xd

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm going braless since I don't need one in my dress. I was going to add cups but my seamstress said I don't need them. I bought a pair of white undies to wear under and probably little shorts to prevent chafing. My dress does a great job of covering up my insecurities so that's great!

We also decided to skip the garter toss. If you want to do it, is it possible to have it right above your knee? Or even just below. Nothing says it has to be on your thigh if it doesn't work there!

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This one has straps on it but they are removable.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're forgoing the garter toss cause I'm a bit sexually repressed and cringe at the idea of him reaching up my skirt in front of our closest family and friends and then the item being tossed at his friends.

My dress has a built in cup, so no bra and I'll probably just do a plain nude thong.

My partner and I aren't really into lingerie... I'm so boring!

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh, I'm sure my groom will take me out of my dress, and then we will fall into bed together and instantly be asleep! Haha.

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lol that’s such a good idea!! I’ll have to try that too!
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think I like this idea! Just be comfy during the day and a little somethingsomething for a different time... I like the boudoir shoot idea too!

I have always thought that the groom would "take you out of the dress" as a wedding night thing? I've heard it a few times but honestly after being in a tight dress all day all I can imagine is all the red lines and marks my body will be covered in hahaha!

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Breast to knee I'll have to check that out! The only ones I can seem to find that go that high have straps on them which is a no go for my dress. I'll check out La vie en Rose though thank you!

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

La Senza was going to be my first stop! I didn't want to spend too much on lingerie but they always have super cute things there!

And yeah maybe when I try on the dress for the first fitting I'll have one of my bridesmaids give the garter a test see how hard it is to get to haha!

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Spanx and a comfortable(ish) bra/bustier for me. Not sexy, but it will make me look amazing in my dress! I'm saving the sexy lingerie for the boudoir shoot I'm doing for my fiancé's gift!

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am wearing spanx under mine for my stomach/hip area. and not sure about rest yet!

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We voted out doing the garter toss because we both thought it was tacky with 90% of our guests that are coming being elderly and because I have a fit and flare that isn't really that easy to get up the legs.

I just purchased a full body (breast to knee) spanx outfit for under the dress from La vie en Rose. It's amazing and makes you look as though you're down a dress size. I'm not sure what I'll wear for undies yet.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'll probably just wear a simple and comfortable corset style bar underneath, it's what works best with the dress. I'm honestly just going with comfortable because I'll be wearing it all day and I'd rather be comfortable. My fiance and I have lived together for years so there really isn't much "surprise" or "anticipation" for the wedding night but I'll still get something sexy to slip on when we get to the hotel. As for the garter I'm going to slip it on in the bathroom before the reception starts, that way I don't have to wear it all morning just for the toss. For dresses like that I've seen brides just wearing bit below the knee, still works for the purpose we have it there for.
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think I’ll be like you and not have anything on up top. Once my dress is all fitted and I’ve lost more weight I’ll decide if I want shapewear. I’d prefer not to as it gets hot and uncomfortable especially for an outdoor summer wedding. I got these cute bridal panties at la Senza. One is a light blue thong that says bride on it that I might wear and it can be my something blue lol I have bridal lingerie I bought at la Senza too. My dress is a fit and flare/ mermaid as well I’ll probably wear my garter where you normally would. I don’t think it’ll be that hard for my groom to get at they just have to be careful about it. You can always move it down lower for the toss.
  • Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Im going for Spanx shapewear made for tummy/hip/thigh

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics