Stephanie
Super May 2019 Ontario

Lingerie?

Stephanie, on 10/April/2018 at 09:34 Posted in Wedding fashion

Alright everyone! I know the most important attire of clothing on the big day is the Bride's Dress, but what are people thinking of under it?

My dress has a built in bra and corset so I doubt I'll be wearing anything else on top... I'm debating what to wear on the bottom if it should be something to tuck my tummy in? Practical or something more sexy?

Also in terms of the garter belt (for the toss) I have a mermaid dress fitted to my knees and I'm not sure where I should wear mine? Might be awkward if my fiance has to go digging up my dress to find it on my thigh :')

Share:

27 Replies

• Stephanie
    Super May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    View quoted message

Yeah I'm for sure moving towards the change into something fancy after the party seems to be the best route!

• Cynthia
    Beginner August 2020 Ontario
    Cynthia ·
    My goal is to find a dress that I will not need to wear shape wear with, so comfortable underwear for me. I will probably buy a sexy lingerie set to change into night of our wedding
  • Erin
    Featured September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·

My dress was pretty fitted so I couldn't wear anything too sexy under it as it would have shown any patterns or ridges. I opted for practical comfort. My husband didn't mind as we were busy from 9am the day of the wedding to 3am the next day!

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    View quoted message
    Ohh thats a good idea too!
  • Stephanie
    Super May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    View quoted message

See I like that idea!!

I was also thinking a hungover brunch the next day if needed ahaha!

• Maegan
    Maegan ·
    View quoted message
    Friends are the worst! Haha. What i keep telling people is that we will have an 'afterparty' the next day to finish off the beer kegs and we can drink a lot then, but not on the wedding day! Fingers crossed my plan works!
  • Stephanie
    Super May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    View quoted message

This is my worry too! I don't want to go too hard at the reception because I would like to enjoy our first night as a married couple!

But if I know my friends... and especially his... we could be in for a rough time hahah!

• Stephanie
    Super May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    View quoted message

That's very true! I will prob do just over the knee that should work fine! Thank you!

• Stephanie
    Super May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    View quoted message

Nahh! Not boring! To each their own!

Especially if you're both not into the idea of it no reason to force it either!

• Leanne
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne Online ·

Definitely aim for comfort during the day! If you want to wear something sexy, save it for afterwards and change into it.

• Maegan
    Maegan ·
    Ill be going for comfort for the day of! Built in bra and spanx to prevent chafing!

But i will buy some cute (or sexy?) lingerie to change into before bed, but wont be wearing it under the dress all day. Fingers crossed neither of us is too tired (or drunk) to have some fun before going to sleep! Both of us are planning on keeping a level head all night but im sure our wedding party has other ideas.... So we will see how it goes haha.
  • Emily
    Devoted November 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    Good question!! I got my dress second hand, and every part fits me except for my boobs! So I'm wearing those gel inserts on top plunging the sexy level straight to the floor lol, but I was thinking of having my fiance pick out the underwear he wants me to wear (within my comfort parameters of course. I don't want to wear some weird uncomfortable underwear all day), so it sexifies the horrible top half a bit more after a night of dancing with a sweaty gel thing 😂
  • Valérie
    Expert September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·

I think I'll opt for something practical instead of sexy. Might slip into something sexy once we get to the hotel room if we're not too tired/drunk from the festivities

• Stephanie
    Featured July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·

I'm going braless since I don't need one in my dress. I was going to add cups but my seamstress said I don't need them. I bought a pair of white undies to wear under and probably little shorts to prevent chafing. My dress does a great job of covering up my insecurities so that's great!

We also decided to skip the garter toss. If you want to do it, is it possible to have it right above your knee? Or even just below. Nothing says it has to be on your thigh if it doesn't work there!

• Jen
    Featured June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    View quoted message

This one has straps on it but they are removable.

• Courtney
    Featured July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·

We're forgoing the garter toss cause I'm a bit sexually repressed and cringe at the idea of him reaching up my skirt in front of our closest family and friends and then the item being tossed at his friends.

My dress has a built in cup, so no bra and I'll probably just do a plain nude thong.

My partner and I aren't really into lingerie... I'm so boring!

Comment on this discussion

Related articles