Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelsie
Master July 2021 Ontario

Let's Talk Wedding Dresses!

Kelsie, on March 3, 2019 at 11:37 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 90
I just ordered my dress a week ago and I already cannot wait for it to come in!

Since my dress is not here yet - I want to bask in your amazing dresses!

Let's talk wedding dresses!

What dress did you get?!

Was it love at first sight?

How long did it take for your dress to come in once you ordered it?

90 Comments

Latest activity by Kelsie, on April 8, 2019 at 13:46
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You have to go with whatever is good for you!
  • Brittany
    Devoted August 2019 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's beautiful! I really love your lace detailing as well.

That is closer to what my mom would have seen me in...

But I wore a a fitted mermaid style dress for grad and wanted to go a completely different route for my wedding.

Plus I have gained a little weight and am not as comfortable in fitted bodices anymore.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I went with a Sottero and Midgley!

Let's Talk Wedding Dresses! 1
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Love the lace detail on the dress!!
  • Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What dress did you choose?

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went and tried on dresses with my momma. I fell in love with a dress because it was so fun... and she hated it. I actually had a terrible dress shopping experience with her. We have always had a very tense relationship and frequently butt heads.

I ended up going with just one of my bridesmaids after to a different shop.

I found a dress that was originally everything I said I wanted and I love it.

It just so happened it was my size, and you got a discount for purchasing off the rack so I left right then and there with it.

I really do love it. It is everything I said I wanted, and I don't regret it... but sometimes I still think about the other dress.

** Side note.. my mom doesn't like the dress I bought either.. **

Let's Talk Wedding Dresses! 2

This was the almost one.

Let's Talk Wedding Dresses! 3

This one is the one I bought.

Let's Talk Wedding Dresses! 4

• Melissa
    Devoted May 2019 Alberta
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm picking mine up this weekend from alterations, and i'm SO NERVOUS! It really only needed minor alterations, but i'm such a stress case lately from having such bad luck..

I'm fully in love with my dress though, and still cry every time I put it on. I went the complete opposite of what I thought I was going to end up wearing, but I wouldn't change it at all. (Photos are from my "yes to the dress" moment).

GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATY3Zm

GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATY3Zm

• Dionne
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Dionne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

my dressLet's Talk Wedding Dresses! 5

My dress - backLet's Talk Wedding Dresses! 6

The first dress I fell in love with in pictures was Allure C388. I fell in love with the back. then I thought it would be out of my budget and so I kept an open mind. Before I went shopping I looked around and found my dream dress by Mori lee. I tried on others and saved my dress for last. The consultant said it was my dress! I had dreamt about it and now it was mine. Is Mori Lee 2823 in ivory/light gold. I have a dear friend who makes jewelry and she will be making a back chandelier for me so my dress will be one of a kind.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Omg pockets! Any dress with pockets is a winner. Mine doesn’t have pockets but I love any time someone tells me their dress has pockets! Ingenius idea!
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got a tea length beaded and lace dress. When I saw it on the rack I knew it would be a high contender, I've always loved short and tea length dresses! My dress only took about 2-3 weeks to come in, I was shocked!
  • Melanie
    Beginner September 2019 Ontario
    Melanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got a clearance dress from David's Bridal, so I got to take it home that night! I hated it on the rack, but it looks amazing on. Best of all, it has pockets!
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! Yes, I was thrilled how well the dress fit and that it didn't give me back boobs! Haha. I love the line of the back.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My dress is D1999 from essence of Australia. I ordered it April 21 and it arrived early August.
    I found it at my first dress appointment. When I put it on at first I was hesitant but I tried on the “cafe” colour, my consultant put an ivory slip under the lace design and that’s when I truly fell in love with it!

Let's Talk Wedding Dresses! 7

Let's Talk Wedding Dresses! 8
  • Jenn
    Frequent user April 2019 Saskatchewan
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My FMIL is actually making my dress, and it's nearly complete! I'm so excited! This is the third wedding dress that she has seen for girls in her family, so it feels very special that she's also making mine!

Let's Talk Wedding Dresses! 9

Let's Talk Wedding Dresses! 10
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Love!!! The silhouette is beyond gorgeous
  • Sara
    Newbie November 2019 Alberta
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It is BEAUTIFUL! The back, oh my God.
  • Sara
    Newbie November 2019 Alberta
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Omg, the dress shopping was the most exciting/stressful thing in my mind. I ended up buying my dress off the rack at the bridal fantasy shop! We were walking by and it caught my eye. I kept turning around and staring at it. I finally decided eh, let's do it. Its calling to me. It was the ONLY dress I tried on, because the minute I put it on and walked out to show my mom and MOH, they teared up. I looked in the mirror and started to cry. AND it was 2200 on sale for 800! Love at first sight!
    It's an Allure dress, cant remember the #!

Let's Talk Wedding Dresses! 11
  • Kait
    Curious September 2019 Ontario
    Kait ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve had my eyes on blush by Hayley Paige since forever and fell in love with this dress on screen. I was worried it would be too fancy, all I thought was “wow, this looks good, let’s get it” ahah. There was no crying, no “oh my god” moment. It will be arriving in ivory! I can hardly wait!

Let's Talk Wedding Dresses! 12
  • Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yay, how exciting!

I bought the Stella York 6315. It's a strapless layered ballgown. It is so pretty! I didn't want a strapless dress-it was the first dress I tried on and was in love! I tried on about 10 other dresses thinking it was just me, but nope!

I ordered thick straps made of the same type of lace from the bodice, which I will have detachable. I ordered my dress in November and it just arrived last week. It fit me like a glove!! The straps take another 8 weeks to come in apparently.

• Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm getting dress custom made but this is what it will be inspired by. Mine will have lace on the top like this but is going to have colours on the bottom. I wasn't sure if I'd like the halter top but I loved it and I love the low back.

Let's Talk Wedding Dresses! 13

Let's Talk Wedding Dresses! 14
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    So so pretty!!! The ruffling on the bottom is awesome! Waiting for the dress is brutal!! Mine won’t be in until fall Smiley sad
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I found my dress the first store we went to!! I had my eye on this dress for probably a year since i had gotten engaged. I tried at least 10 or so dresses and as soon as I put this one on i knew it was the one! The designer is Mori Lee. The dress color that i tried on is what they call ivory/silver and of course the size isn't correct. I ordered it in Ivory/Light Gold. I won't get my dress until mid August but I am so excited! It's my dream dress!

Let's Talk Wedding Dresses! 15

Let's Talk Wedding Dresses! 16

Let's Talk Wedding Dresses! 17

Let's Talk Wedding Dresses! 18
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Amazing!! It was definitely meant to be! You are beaming!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You never know!! Smiley smile sending positive vibes your way for dress shopping!!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Same! I tried on only Maggie and another designer Sophie Tolli I think it was! Her stuff was nice also!
  • Elizabeth
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Everyone looks so awesome!

I am going for my first dress shopping experience this weekend at a pop up sale. I kinda doubt I'll buy anything though because I don't want a white or ivory dress.
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was both unlucky and lucky...I went to 11 bridal salons, and tried on over 120 dresses (no, I'm not exaggerating!). I ended up travelling about 90 minutes from Edmonton to Red Deer to go to a sample sale at a friends suggestion (to a shop she bought her dress at).

Even though they were swamped because of the sample sale, my consultant was awesome. I tried on 4 dresses there, none I liked - then the consultant said "OH, I have one that would look amazing!" Apparently a bride had ordered it, paid her deposit, then never picked it up, so it sat in the back room for months! It was NOTHING like I wanted - it was white (I wanted ivory or blush), beaded (I wanted lace, NO beading), handkerchief hem (I did NOT want handkerchief hem), strapless (I really wanted straps so I could wear a comfy bra), etc. But I indulged her and tried it on...and it was THE ONE! Because it was a sample sale, I was able to take it home the same day! So I've had it for about a year now, sitting in my closet! It was clearly meant to be, because it needs almost no alterations (just some very small tweaks, and adding the pearl belt I'm sewing on) - it fit SO well off the rack (which is a miracle, for a plus size girl!)

It's Alfred Angelo but I don't know the style name.I tried on my dress again last weekend when I was bra shopping, and I still love it (I'm so glad, because it would be awful if I didn't!).

Let's Talk Wedding Dresses! 19

Let's Talk Wedding Dresses! 20

• Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks! I love her style- most of the dresses I chose to try on that day were Maggie and I didn't even realise it until they were on!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love everything about your dress!!! Probably because it’s a Maggie and so is my dress. Absolutely stunning!!!
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! I am too, and it works well with our colours (teal and purple)!

• Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I found mine at the first store we went to! It was actually the first one I tried on too...though I tried on 8 or 9 others just to see different styles. It was definitely love at first sight! The other dresses were nice but this one just made me SO happy! It is a Maggie Sottero. I bought it off the rack because I didn't have enough time to order it- My first fitting is next week!

Let's Talk Wedding Dresses! 21

• Terri
    Frequent user July 2019 Nova Scotia
    Terri ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is a stunning dress. The detail on the back is GORGEOUS!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics