Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Janaya
Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan

Lets talk underwear!

Janaya, on May 28, 2019 at 17:46 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 27

I haven't seen anyone post about this recently but can we talk about what to wear under the dress?

I am having the hardest time figuring out what to wear underneath it all... my concern is that my thighs are going to get super hot, since I have a lot of dress and its heavy.. I tried on some spanx the other day and I absolutely hated it, so now i'm thinking just regular undies? but I don't want my thighs to chafe, ya know?

my dress is strapless and I am having them sew in a bra for me so I don't have to worry about any of that, its literally just my underwear haha and I asked my bridal salon and they said I can wear whatever since my dress is ballgown and you wont see any "pantie lines" or anything like that.

any suggestions? or where to go shopping for something cute? I definitely wouldn't mind something sexy but i'm more concerned about my overall comfort

what does everyone else plan to wear?

27 Comments

Latest activity by Donna, on June 8, 2019 at 22:18
  • Donna
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am still trying to figure that all out, I am thinking straps on my dress. I need to get a strapless bra, I am thinking for getting like a shapemint for myself.

• Erin
    Curious September 2019 Alberta
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I honestly haven't thought of this.... but that's a good question! I have an A line Fit & Flare, so I would see a "pantie line" in mine. I'm thinking I'll just wear some comfy lace underwear.

• Lor
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Lor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wore a blue thong. That was my something blue. And i just put on a ton of deodorant between my thighs to avoid chafing. Honestly i was too distracted by the day to think about how my inner thighs were feeling though.

• Heather
    Curious September 2020 Manitoba
    Heather ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m going with a white thing and strapless bra that doesn’t show under my dress. For chaffing try bandelettes. They are awesome.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is what I did! I did end up using a bit more body glide before the reception but other than that, it worked so well and I barely noticed it!
  • Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey babes! update! I put on some body glide and wore my shorts to the gym for a really intense workout and it was perfect! It might still be a little uncomfortable with the heat under my dress but Ill just be using that and wearing some cute panties Smiley smile yay!

• Michelle
    Frequent user August 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've been struggling with this also! I've wanted some form of spanx to just smooth my tummy a bit, as I have a fairly form-fitted dress. The other day when I tried my dress on at home it was quite hot, and immediately my inner thighs were rubbing and hot. HELL no I don't want to deal with chaffed thighs. I'm going tonight to a lingerie store with my dress to see what I can find. It I don't have luck, I might go the route of an anti-chafing stick, or I've heard spray deodorant helps too.

• Dionne
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Dionne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think I am going to try dome seamless boy short type of panty. I want to be sexy, but still comfortable with no VPL. I'm looking at Hanky Panky and Naughty Knickers (a new US company)

• Mary
    Newbie August 2019 Ontario
    Mary ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I plan on wearing regular underwear and just putting a little deodorant on my thighs to help prevent chaffing.

• K
    Newbie August 2020 Ontario
    KRYSTAL ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I recently went on a trip to Europe and was concerned about chaffing with all of the walking we were going to be doing; so I bought an anti chaffing stick called Glide - you can get it from Sportcheck, National Sports, probably any sporting store - and it worked wonders. It’s just like a deodorant stick, easy to apply and not sticky. Just a thought and definitely more comfortable than spanx. Good luck!
  • Cindy
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My seamstress mentioned undergarments too and I started to wonder. I never thought about chafing until I read all of these posts. I think I'll opt for the stuff the runners use and just regular underwear. I hope it works.
  • Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh those are pretty and functional lol
  • Melissa
    Devoted May 2019 Alberta
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I ended up forgetting the proper underwear for my dress so I ended up wearing a pair of pink booty shorts lol. My MOH had to keep making sure they weren't sticking up where my dress turned into just lace, and luckily my dress was full enough so you couldn't see the pink through it.

As for the chafing, I used Toms lemongrass natural deodorant. It worked like a charm!

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have just regular underwear and a strapless bra both nude coloured. I have Spanx but on the fence because I hate them but I don't want my thighs to chafe just like what you said.. the wedding is on Saturday so I'll probably just make the decision the morning of.. see how the weather is and how I am feeling
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Actually I just bought a pair of knix thigh saver shorts. They're not like spanx at all, and they're sweat wicking and all that good stuff.

Can't give you a review as they're in the mail. I didn't buy them for the wedding, more for those really hot summer days for under skirts. My hopes are high lol.

For the wedding...I haven't really thought too hard about it! Guess I should do that lol!

• Paige
    Frequent user June 2019 Manitoba
    Paige ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m wearing long slip shorts. They smooth everything out without sucking you in at all and are super comfy. I tried spanx and it was too much.
  • Megan
    Curious November 2019 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was wondering this too! I'm thinking just pretty undies since lines won't be visible for me either. I have this stuff called "surf butta" which is TO DIE FOR in the heat and humidity for chaffing. I'm assuming that will be enough since it hasn't failed me in the past. Otherwise I'm interested in those little thigh-sized lace things!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm doing some spanx lol! I'm wearing the same ones as a bridesmaid in June so hopefully I don't roast too much! They go mid thigh so it takes care of the chaffing and are pretty light-weight so should be fine heat-wise.

After the wedding reception, I'm definitely changing into something more sexy for my husband! Smiley winking

• Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

THANK YOU for this! Haha

It's literally what I am always thinking and wondering if anyone else is thinking the same. What the heck do you wear underneath?! And yes-chafing.

I'm thinking maybe some shorts? Like just knee length spandex shorts so my legs won't chafe. But they need to be decent looking. Where in the heck do you find cute knee length spandex shorts? I also have a ballgown, so it doesn't reaaaally matter too much what I wear. Going for overall comfort as well.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have a ballgown as well so I could wear jeans if I really wanted to - but I don't!

I'm thinking that if I can find some cute undies and the bandalettes work that this is what I will do - but if not I will just wear my lululemon shorts.

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Maybe try some different spanx? I have a few pairs and they are all very comfy.. that is what I'll be wearing under mine... mid waist shorts spanx

• Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you don’t find something that’s comfortable and the look you’re going for, runners use body glide to prevent chafing, and there are other ‘chafing control’ products on the market. Body glide is packaged kind of like a deodorant stick so you can reapply later in the day if needed.
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    These are amazing! I wish I had brought them for me to wear!
  • S
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Bandelettes are pretty good for your thighs.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I honestly haven’t thought about this yet, but will now when I go for my dress fitting next week.
    My dress is a fit and flare so I have to be careful of lines, but also don’t want to be adjusting things during the day! This is going to take a lot of thought lol
  • K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you don't like Spanx but are concerned about thigh chaffing, what about boy-shorts or even a thin pair of spandex exercise/bike shorts if no one is going to see them anyway.

Or there's these if you want something a bit prettier - I've never tried them though so I can't vouch for them:

thigh bands

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm wearing these Spanx : https://www.spanx.com/panties/bikinis-cheekies/undie-tectable-lace-hi-hipster-panty

I've bought two pairs (nude and black) and have been able to wear them around. They are SUPER comfortable without cutting into my stomach or sides. The lace is a nice touch too.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics