Janaya
Devoted August 2019 Saskatchewan

Lets talk underwear!

Janaya, on 28/May/2019 at 17:46 Posted in Wedding fashion

I haven't seen anyone post about this recently but can we talk about what to wear under the dress?

I am having the hardest time figuring out what to wear underneath it all... my concern is that my thighs are going to get super hot, since I have a lot of dress and its heavy.. I tried on some spanx the other day and I absolutely hated it, so now i'm thinking just regular undies? but I don't want my thighs to chafe, ya know?

my dress is strapless and I am having them sew in a bra for me so I don't have to worry about any of that, its literally just my underwear haha and I asked my bridal salon and they said I can wear whatever since my dress is ballgown and you wont see any "pantie lines" or anything like that.

any suggestions? or where to go shopping for something cute? I definitely wouldn't mind something sexy but i'm more concerned about my overall comfort

what does everyone else plan to wear?

Share:

27 Comments

• Donna
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Donna ·

I am still trying to figure that all out, I am thinking straps on my dress. I need to get a strapless bra, I am thinking for getting like a shapemint for myself.

• Erin
    Curious September 2019 Alberta
    Erin ·

I honestly haven't thought of this.... but that's a good question! I have an A line Fit & Flare, so I would see a "pantie line" in mine. I'm thinking I'll just wear some comfy lace underwear.

• Lor
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Lor ·

I wore a blue thong. That was my something blue. And i just put on a ton of deodorant between my thighs to avoid chafing. Honestly i was too distracted by the day to think about how my inner thighs were feeling though.

• Heather
    Beginner September 2020 Manitoba
    Heather ·
    I’m going with a white thing and strapless bra that doesn’t show under my dress. For chaffing try bandelettes. They are awesome.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    View quoted message
    This is what I did! I did end up using a bit more body glide before the reception but other than that, it worked so well and I barely noticed it!
  • Janaya
    Devoted August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·

Hey babes! update! I put on some body glide and wore my shorts to the gym for a really intense workout and it was perfect! It might still be a little uncomfortable with the heat under my dress but Ill just be using that and wearing some cute panties yay!

• Michelle
    Curious August 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·

I've been struggling with this also! I've wanted some form of spanx to just smooth my tummy a bit, as I have a fairly form-fitted dress. The other day when I tried my dress on at home it was quite hot, and immediately my inner thighs were rubbing and hot. HELL no I don't want to deal with chaffed thighs. I'm going tonight to a lingerie store with my dress to see what I can find. It I don't have luck, I might go the route of an anti-chafing stick, or I've heard spray deodorant helps too.

• Dionne
    Curious August 2019 Ontario
    Dionne ·

I think I am going to try dome seamless boy short type of panty. I want to be sexy, but still comfortable with no VPL. I'm looking at Hanky Panky and Naughty Knickers (a new US company)

• M
    Newbie August 2019 Ontario
    Mary ·

I plan on wearing regular underwear and just putting a little deodorant on my thighs to help prevent chaffing.

• K
    Newbie August 2020 Ontario
    KRYSTAL ·
    I recently went on a trip to Europe and was concerned about chaffing with all of the walking we were going to be doing; so I bought an anti chaffing stick called Glide - you can get it from Sportcheck, National Sports, probably any sporting store - and it worked wonders. It’s just like a deodorant stick, easy to apply and not sticky. Just a thought and definitely more comfortable than spanx. Good luck!
  • Cindy
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Cindy ·
    My seamstress mentioned undergarments too and I started to wonder. I never thought about chafing until I read all of these posts. I think I'll opt for the stuff the runners use and just regular underwear. I hope it works.
  • Erin
    Featured May 2020 Ontario
    Erin Online ·
    View quoted message
    Oh those are pretty and functional lol
  • Melissa
    Devoted May 2019 Alberta
    Melissa ·

I ended up forgetting the proper underwear for my dress so I ended up wearing a pair of pink booty shorts lol. My MOH had to keep making sure they weren't sticking up where my dress turned into just lace, and luckily my dress was full enough so you couldn't see the pink through it.

As for the chafing, I used Toms lemongrass natural deodorant. It worked like a charm!

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    I have just regular underwear and a strapless bra both nude coloured. I have Spanx but on the fence because I hate them but I don't want my thighs to chafe just like what you said.. the wedding is on Saturday so I'll probably just make the decision the morning of.. see how the weather is and how I am feeling
  • Kelly
    Devoted September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·

Actually I just bought a pair of knix thigh saver shorts. They're not like spanx at all, and they're sweat wicking and all that good stuff.

Can't give you a review as they're in the mail. I didn't buy them for the wedding, more for those really hot summer days for under skirts. My hopes are high lol.

For the wedding...I haven't really thought too hard about it! Guess I should do that lol!

• Paige
    Frequent user June 2019 Manitoba
    Paige ·
    I’m wearing long slip shorts. They smooth everything out without sucking you in at all and are super comfy. I tried spanx and it was too much.

Comment on this discussion

Related articles