Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kim
Newbie December 2018 Alberta

led vs real candles

Kim, on October 7, 2017 at 13:23 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 10
Hello everyone! I was wanting to get some opinions on real vs LED candles. And the pros and cons. I've found led lights to give an orangey hue, but know that with real candles they'll have to be replaced every couple hours or so. Any opinions?

10 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on December 31, 2017 at 20:00
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did both. Tealights in our head table decor and LED lights in our center peices. It was great and lasted throughout the evening.
  • Melissa
    Devoted November 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are using a combination of LED and "real lite" candles. Our venue is a big conference center and they don't allow open flames, but they will turn on all the candles for us, so I say let 'em flicker!

In regards to the orangey hue, I found some floating LED tea lights that have a nice flame color. so you just have to shop around,... they are out there.

• Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm using LED just cause of the hassel of lighting them all would be a pain in the butt. Plus I am having 30 tables and I don't want to deal with having people accidentally tip them over, and possibly starting a fire.

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

How many will you be buying? Would you get use out of either again? One more than the other?

You'll also want to check with your venue before you buy to ensure they allow real flame, some venues don't.

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like candles because of the atmosphere they create. Tea lights can last 3-5 hours but votive candles could last up to 8 or 9 hours. We had two children at our wedding and they didn't bother with the candles at all.

• Kim
    Newbie December 2018 Alberta
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you ladies! I checked with the venue and real candles are allowed, so we're definitely going to find some long lasting ones and use them for the ceremony and for the reception!
  • Brenda
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Brenda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I bought micro lights for our lanterns on amazon for a box of 10 . My colours are blue purple ivory with antiqued black lanterns so the bright blueish hue is nice.Having loads of kids at the wedding I opted for no candles.
  • Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I found 8 hr long tea lights at jysk. We were still putting them out when we packed up! I think they were $8 for 25.
  • Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Do a trial run at home, you'd be surprised how long tealights last. We are using 2" candles and floating candles. Check with your venue because they will likely have a candle policy in place. We just aren't allowed to have open flames. Apparently a table cloth caught on fire. Smiley atonished
  • B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For the ceremony? I'm not sure. I did real candles for my reception. My candles were really big and had to be covered by 2 inches of glass on the top they lasted all night and never burnt down

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics