Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Marta
Newbie March 2020 Quebec

Last minute wedding dress!

Marta, on January 5, 2020 at 19:32 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 7
Hello everybody! Mi wedding is in 2 months and I dont have a dress. Where can I find a dress at an affordable price and ready to go in montreal? Even second hand dresses are an option for me. Help please!

7 Comments

Latest activity by Kelly, on January 17, 2020 at 14:07
  • Kelly
    Curious February 2020 British Columbia
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Look at consignment stores or sample sizes at bridal stores. My engagement was really quick too so most of the dresses were off limits to me but I took home a sample size (for 50% of the price!) and got to take it home that day. I also know etsy has wedding dress stores that will do rush orders to get the dress to you within a couple of months.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Check azazie and order it as a rush they have cheap dresses starting at $100

• Megan
    Curious September 2019 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I highly suggest checking out the boutique 1861. They have a couple locations in the Montreal area, a complete online section with a bridal gown tab, and super helpful staff. Although I did not get my wedding dress there I did get my rehearsal outfit and other even dresses from them. I suggest emailing the staff or even using their chat option on www.1861.ca because they helped me. One of my bridesmaids got her dress from them so I suggest checking them out for a reasonably priced dress Smiley smile I am located in the Toronto area and wished I lived closer to them! I suggest you visit or reach out and they can email you options they offer based on what you have in mind.
  • Lisa
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Marta,

Are there any David's Bridal stores near you? I took my dress home the day I tried it on (didn't need to as if was over a year ahead). They have a lot of dresses in stock at many prices points that you can take home that day.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Try bridal stores or rentals who have dresses available towards your budget. It may seem hectic of a run around though it may help to know ahead of time to keep on hold. FB is also resourceful to see if anyone is selling for a good price too for savings and having the alterations needed.

• Eden
    Frequent user August 2021 British Columbia
    Eden ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I got my dress on Stillwhite.ca, which is a second hand buy-and-sell website. You will find great prices and I don't think shipping took very long (less than a week and my dress came from Australia) but the downside is not trying it on first and possibly needing alterations. I would also recommend the Facebook marketplace (I see people selling their dresses there all the time).

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Marta! Welcome to wedding wire!

Check Facebook marketplace and online yard sales. Even try a post letting people know that you're looking might help (just be sure to include your size and be clear about budget).
    You can also reach out to bridal stores and let them know you're looking for sample gowns. My dress is a sample and I took it home the day I tried it on. It needed a little work, but you have a little time to get that done.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics