Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Valérie
VIP September 2019 Quebec

Kissing Game - Options

Valérie, on April 7, 2019 at 17:15 Posted in Wedding reception 0 19
Our venue is pretty strict about not clinking glasses, which I totally understand and find refreshing - I've rolled my eyes so much, at my cousin's wedding, when people clinked glasses my eyes were sore hahaha.

Now this leaves us scrambling for ways to let people "request" a kiss. We've cut so many traditions from our day (bouquet/garter toss, cake cutting, wedding party), it's leaving me worried that our guests won't be interacting or having fun. So we wanted to keep something that would break the ice, induce crowd interactions and a bit of laughter.

So far, we like the following 'options':

The Songbird - Have your table (or group) sing a love song

The French Toast - Share some time-honoured marriage advice

The Poet - Serenade the bride and groom with a poem

The Newlywed Trivia - Answer a question about the bride and groom

We're looking for other options, that doesn't include sharing a funny or embarrassing story about us or demonstrating a kiss to replicate.

This is where this lovely community comes in Smiley smile Do you have any other ideas for a kissing game option?

19 Comments

Latest activity by Julie, on June 27, 2022 at 15:24
  • Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing the Kiss Bowl Toss. Tossing of 3 ping pong balls into any one of the designated painted bowls and us newlyweds Kiss Smiley smile

• Alecia
    Newbie October 2020 Ontario
    Alecia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're going to have our guests twirl napkins. The dj will play a snippet of either "Raise Up" by Petey Pablo to get the guests involved and "Kiss Me" by sixpence none the richer once we kiss. I even made a sign: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-98_QJ2Ubf4u1-Qi44yv96bxOQZ8HV7Y/view?usp=drivesdk
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

As one not to have clinging glasses done here, Amazon was my way of getting bells with clips to hold the menu card per table x2 and to ring for a kiss. This idea also helps with families to keep the kids busy too. A picture to show:

Kissing Game - Options 1

Just another solution if you like to have décor at the table as well as your guests to see what's offered for dinner. It was announced at the end of the reception as one child was playing with the bell and idea was mentioned.

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

At my cousin's wedding, they had us recite a memory you had of the couple to get them to kiss. It led to quite a few laughs.

• Donna
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh wow that's cute we have a ring bell,

• Donna Yeung
    Devoted August 2018 British Columbia
    Donna Yeung ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

At ours, we had our MC's explain to the guests that in order to get us to kiss, all they have to do is come up and show us how they want us to copy them. We had some very interesting poses that were demonstrated and it also gave everyone else some entertainment.

• Terri
    Frequent user July 2019 Nova Scotia
    Terri ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

These are fabulous ideas ladies! I have only seen the dice game done at weddings but I love that some of these can have great guest interaction. I am celebrating with 150+ people and only 45 are family. My friends will do ANYTHING to stir things up. I better bring some chapstick.

• Valérie
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Those are all such amazing ideas!!! We definitely have some thinking to do. Thank you for sharing Smiley smile

• Monique
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Monique ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I saw one where you roll a 20 sided die and if the person rolls 11-20, the couple kisses but if they roll 1-10, the person kisses someone else
  • Mandy
    Devoted July 2019 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing a kiss jar. I also didn’t want to be annoyed with the clinking of the glass so we decided having a kiss jar where people can drop money into to make us kiss. The bigger the donation the bigger the kiss.
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We actually met with our DJ on the weekend and he was talking to us about this as well. He suggested either Songbird or he also suggested the Kiss-o-meter. He said for the kiss-o-meter we choose one point during dinner and basically the longer and louder people cheer the longer our kiss is.

We are leaning more so towards the Songbird but he said that he would announce that the limit is one song per table, which still means at least 12 kisses being requested lol!

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We also wanted to do a large dice that people would have to go to the dance floor to roll that would have a different option on each side! But decided against this. I personally find a LOT of guests get shy to go up and do things to get the couple to kiss, so we decided to make it easy for everyone to just ring a bell!

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We ended up buying bells from the dollar store for each table! They say "Ring for a Kiss" on them and we will have our DJ announce this rule at the beginning of the night!

Kissing Bell!Kissing Game - Options 2

• Brittany
    Devoted August 2019 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing something a little different. We thought of plinko or etc but I did not want the extra expense of building or renting.

We are making a nice board with like 15 cards on it give or take attached by magnets.

Each will have a different corresponding action. (Think Sociables )

So Some will be bride and groom kiss.

Some actions they have to do first ... like demonstrate the kiss etc..

Some will be toast the married couple or offer marital advice.

There will be a couple cards for a free drink ticket.

And a couple "punishments" like bust a move or serenade the bride and groom.

This way we limit the amount of times we actually have to kiss, and that the game can be played in total. I don’t want our night interrupted every 10 seconds with a game or request to kiss.

I probably won't use actual playing cards. I will just make nice cut outs with the action written.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love the dance off option!!

• Valérie
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's such a great idea!!
    Yeah, we weren't going to do anything, but getting your guests to do something is better than leaving them to do their own thing hahaha.

• Valérie
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love ALL of those options!!! Smiley sexy

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our venue has the same rule! We haven't decided what we want to do yet or even include a kissing game.

My cousin did one at their wedding this past year. They did " guess that song". So the DJ played a small clip of a song and the guests had to guess it. If they got it right the couple had to kiss, if they got it wrong then someone else had to try.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My cousin did the singing a song with the word love in it - and although they had to kiss a couple times, most people were too shy to do so. So it's a great one and I would do it if you were hoping to not kiss too much (unless your families are outgoing and give no care about embarrassing voices).

Some other options I found online are:

- Make a donation to your hunnyfund or a charity of your choosing

- Dance off between guests (doesn't matter who wins - they tried and deserve a kiss)

- Hershey Kisses (mostly silver wrapped ones but if they pull out a coloured one you kiss!)

- Corn hole (they kiss, you kiss, or idk - high fives?)

- Make them solve a riddle!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics