Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Peggy
Super May 2019 Alberta

Kids activity pack suggestions?

Peggy, on June 19, 2018 at 16:44 Posted in Wedding reception 0 6

For those having kids at their wedding reception, are you doing up an activity pack for each little one, or having one activity table?

I'm planning on having a little package for each child, since many will be toddlers and sitting with their parents through the 'boring' dinner and speeches. I'm wondering what to put in each pack and would love to hear suggestions! So far I have:

-5-6 crayons

-Wedding colouring sheets/activity book

-Small toy from the dollar store (but without small parts that can get lost!)

6 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on June 21, 2018 at 10:38
  • B
    Devoted September 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A small children’s Book.
  • Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Im allowing kids at my reception, but i am not putting things to entertain them.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Have you considered having a cup with see straw for little ones as they get to enjoy something to keep and use daily? The same kid package your putting together was put by my cousin for our wedding so they were kept busy.

Blocks and some games would occupy their time aa well.

• Sheilah
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Sheilah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're doing a kids table. The "table cloth" will be brown paper covering the top with jars of crayons, stamps, stickers, etc. We are also setting up a play corner with some board games, bubbles, simple toys and stuff. We are also getting those paintable sugar cookies for them to do.

We want the kids to have as much fun as the adults. ❤
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would avoid messy stuff... More for the parents to clean up. All the weddings I've been to that had small children (3-6 years old), they all had colouring books.

I think anythings that could spill/stick would be an unsafe choice...

You can sometimes find little handheld, non-electronic games... I don't know if it's just me, but I remember Denny's/IHOP having bubble games, you push the button and the rings shoot up and try and land on the pegs? Just me? It's small and probably cheap, and quiet! Haha.

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

-Playdough is always a fun option. You can buy small little containers from the dollar stores

-Sometimes you can find small craft kits for younger children that come with everything in the box from the dollar store or on sale at Micheals, which would be fun for them

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics