Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Keep or Skip: First Look?

Joey, on August 7, 2017 at 11:46 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 127

Hello everyone! We're playing "Keep or Skip" this week with popular wedding traditions!

So...

Are you having a first look, or a first touch? Or skipping them and not seeing each other until the ceremony?

First look photos can be lovelyFirst look photos can be lovely

Read more about the pros and cons of doing a first look here!

>> Click here for the next question: Keep or Skip: Spotlight Dances

>> Click here for the previous question: Keep or Skip: Something Old, New, Borrowed, Blue

127 Comments

Latest activity by Audrey, on October 6, 2021 at 17:50
  • Audrey
    Frequent user July 2022 Ontario
    Audrey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is the first time I'm ever hearing about "first look!" But, I'm glad I did because it might be the solution to the problem I hadn't yet worked out, which is how to capture the moment when we see each other when we are planning to walk down the aisle together. So maybe I'll have to arrange for a first look moment before the ceremony.

• S
    Frequent user October 2024 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My Fiancée and I decided that we would like to stick with the traditional first look as I walk down the isle!

• Margaret
    Curious December 2021 Ontario
    Margaret ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are keeping the first look! We want to be able to take our pictures beforehand so we eat after the ceremony, instead of taking pictures elsewhere during cocktail hour 😅
  • Elizabeth
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m skipping the first look with my FH cause he’ll get me down the aisle but I plan on doing it with my dad😄
  • Rachel
    Frequent user September 2022 Alberta
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I like the idea of first looks. I feel like you can get a more genuine reaction than if he were nervously standing in front of everyone we know. Plus, any private moment you can get on your wedding day I'm all for!
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think keep! It likely won't be the first time that day I'll see him, but the first time in my dress.

My fiance isn't a really emotional guy and he hates attention so I like the idea that he can have a potentially emotional moment in private. Plus our venue has this big staircase for a dramatic entrance Smiley winking
  • Nelly
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Skip we will first see each other when I’ll be walking down the aisle
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely doing first look. I want to save the time to enjoy time with our guests. We want to have the ceremony and have it lead right into the cocktail hour. It'll give time for guests to get pictures with us and time for us to welcome and say thank you for coming. Plus being in Feb we want as much natural light as possible.
  • Chere-Lee
    Frequent user October 2020 Ontario
    Chere-Lee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

KEEP!! I feel it is a more romantic one-on-one moment that can be more intimate than him seeing me at the same time as the rest of the guests! And I love the "first look" pics!

• Kris
    Frequent user October 2019 Nevada
    Kris ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Skipping this one, but we will be exchanging letters, and will be having first look with my dad.

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Skip it. I want his first glimpse to be when I walk down the aisle!

• Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are skipping this one. We want it to be a surprise when I walk down the aisle.

• Andrea
    Devoted January 2021 Ontario
    Andrea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Skipping, we don't want to see each other before. We want to be surprised.

• Stefanie
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This will be a skip for me and my Fiance. I want to have our guests share in the moment and see our reactions when we see one another for the first time.

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Due to the timing of sunset and to save time taking pictures, we're probably doing a first look. That way we can get most of the family pics out of the way before it gets dark.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We skipped as we knew what we were wearing as it was packed for the day.

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Skip I think, I think I want the surprise walking down the aisle.

• Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Skip it. I know it's super in right now but we are both so traditional and we agree that we should see each other for the first time when I walk down the aisle.

• Kathleen
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Kathleen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Skip. I like the idea for the photos, however I’d like my fiancé to see me for the first time as I walk down the aisle— and he prefers the same.
  • Alexis
    Curious October 2018 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Skip. I don't like the idea of the first look prior to the wedding, I don't know what it is, but it's not my cup of tea.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Skip. I prefer him seeing me walk down the aisle as the first time he sees me that day.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't want a first look. When thinking forward to our wedding day, I just imagine seeing my FH watching me walk down the aisle for the first time. HOWEVER, I am pretty easygoing, therefore if he wants a first look, I'd be fine with it.

• Kait
    Curious August 2018 Ontario
    Kait ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Keep!! I love the idea of an intimate moment between the two of you, seeing other all dressed up for the first time, without all other eyes on you.

We’re also doing photos before the ceremony, just so we can actually spend the cocktail hour mingling with our guests!
  • Charlene
    Curious May 2018 Ontario
    Charlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Skip. I've always wanted the first time we see each other to be when I'm walking down the aisle.
  • Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is what i am must looking forward to Smiley winking

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing a first look - part of it is logistics (We have a late afternoon wedding followed immediately by the reception, so we are doing most of our photos before the ceremony). Part of it is we both want to have at least ONE quiet moment together during the day.

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I really love this!!! Still contemplating it but it creates some great photos!
  • Jes G.
    Frequent user June 2019 Ontario
    Jes G. ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes! Have always wanted this as a little girl and will keep that promise to myselfSmiley heart

• Katie
    Frequent user October 2018 Ontario
    Katie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're doing the first look. I'm really looking forward to having that private moment with him, we will have our photographers there as well to capture it. We are also not having our ceremony till 5:30 so we'd like to have our wedding party photos done, so that way we just have worry about family photos and then can actually visit with our guests during the cocktail hour Smiley smile

• Shaina
    Frequent user April 2019 Ontario
    Shaina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think skip. But I don't like being in front of a lot of people so if I need him for a minute before hand, we will figure it out.
  • Sarah
    Curious January 2019 Alberta
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing the first look Smiley smile I am so excited for some alone time with my fiance on our special day. It also helps take the nerves away about walking down the aisle.

We might even do the wedding party photos before the wedding to save on time between the ceremony and reception.

• Myrrew
    Beginner July 2018 Quebec
    Myrrew ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Skipping!! we are spending the last night before our wedding at our parents`places.. and we will see each other at the church!!!!

i live for that moment i walk into the church and he`s right there at the altar and i get to see his face when he sees me in the wedding dress!!! Smiley heart

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics