Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Brenna
Beginner March 2018 Alberta

Keep it Simple!

Brenna, on April 10, 2018 at 21:13 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 17

When planning your wedding, it doesn't have to be big and fancy and have all the glam and show of the televised weddings we see all the time.
Let it be about the two of you. Incorporate your personality into your big day. Even if it means keeping things simple and within a budget. We used very little for decorations and the Resort we booked had enough elegance to match what we were looking for. We got so many positive comments and feedback from everyone.

Bigger isn't always better. Smiley smile

17 Comments

Latest activity by Leah, on April 16, 2018 at 21:11
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Little things mean a lot!
    Enjoy the process!
  • Brenna
    Brenna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Candace,

Isn't that the best feeling?! I was so happy when we found our venue and realized we wouldn't have to do a lot to decorate because it was already a nice spot.

Enjoy your special day!

• Brenna
    Brenna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Jen,

I wasn't judging. If you feel that way, then you need to check you not me. People can do what they want. My post was simply to say that you don't need to spend a lot of money to have a beautiful wedding.

Hope yours is everything you want it to be.

• Brenna
    Brenna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ashley,

One of my girlfriend's did the same for her wedding. We made a number of DIY decor to save on costs. In the end, she had a beautiful spot to have her special day as well.

Hope yours goes just as well! Smiley smile Congrats!

• Brenna
    Brenna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Andie,

Sounds like you guys have found way to compromise so you can have some of the decor you'd like and still manage your budget Smiley smile
    Keep up the awesome team work! Smiley smile

• Andie
    Expert May 2019 Ontario
    Andie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes! I’ve been trying to tell my FH this as well. Anytime he wants something “extra” decor-wise I just ask him if he remembers what my brother and SIL had a year ago. Most times he can’t remember so we go with something nice but simpler
  • Brenna
    Brenna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Emily,

You're welcome Smiley smile

• Brenna
    Brenna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Maegan,

Sounds like it's going to be a fun wedding! Smiley smile Hope it turns out to be everything you hoped it would be and more. Congrats!

• Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you are fortunate enough to have a venue that is beautiful, I agree you can cut costs by doing less decorating. However, we are getting married somewhere that needs the extra details, it's just a hall, thankfully it has a pretty cathedral ceiling. We've spent about $2000 on DIY decor. I'm a wedding florist, so we got lucky there, however I'm still spending A LOT to transform our frumpy hall into a wedding venue. Worth it!
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Some people like to add a little more elegance and sophistication to their weddings though, which means more $$$. We did this. We've added extra decor items or little things that we thought would make our room look beautiful. We wouldn't have done this though if we couldn't have afforded it. We have a max of 93 people coming right now.. that is if everybody else on the list says yes. If not, we will be around mid 80, and are still spending nearly $30,000 on this day. We've made it about us... we've done DIY for some things and have purchased others at a discounted price.

Sometimes people like a little more. They shouldn't be judged for it.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our venue is amazing and requires little decorations so we have just a few touches here and there. It's great!
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    YES! Thank you! We are keeping things super simple with minimal decor and keeping it real to 'us'. We are not fancy people. I wouldnt even call us classy people.
    But its exciting to hear how excited our guests are for our wedding! I mean i am definitely biased but i dont think people are usually this hyped for weddings but we are going for more of a backyard bbq party than a classic wedding and people seem unusually excited for it.
  • Brenna
    Brenna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You're welcome! Hope it helps you Smiley smile

• Brenna
    Brenna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

So true. The biggest comment we got on our decor was about the colours we chose- horizon blue and silver

• Emily
    Devoted November 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is such great advice. Smiley smile Thanks for this ❤
  • Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love simple and intimate wedding just because you get to enjoy it more with your closest families and friends. Hence, I'm planning one. Plus I prefer knowing all my guest than play a guessing game of who's that. Decor as well i kept simple since no one will remember it nor care about what they are.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My theory is if I don't remember it at your wedding, you won't remember it at mine. So, we're also not doing a lot of decorations because I don't remember the decor from any wedding I've been to.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics