Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Shla
Devoted October 2021 Ontario

Just under a year!

Shla, on September 14, 2018 at 07:47 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 19
We hit the 365 mark yesterday! We have nothing done but our rings on layaway and have to go pay the deposit for the hall this week. I figured I'd be stressing by this point but I'm taking a super chill attitude. I'll make a list of stuff I need to do quickly soon.

How far are you guys out from yours? What's your vision? What do you have left to do?

19 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on September 21, 2018 at 11:16
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It sounds like you're on top of everything! Thanks for reminding me that I need to book my room blocks for my wedding!

• E
    Curious August 2020 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are 294 days out. I have my dress, our venu and caterer are booked we have an idea of who we will have DJ we have one photographer/videographer booked and in the works of booking the second photographer. We will be doing cake tastings in the next couple weeks and we’re looking for an officiant. We have been messing around with vista print save the date cards and haven’t officially chosen one yet. We pretty much have our colour pallet figured out too. We weren’t going to make a concrete decision on colours until spring however 2 of my bridesmaids have informed me in the last week that they are pregnant. Now I’m freaking out because there will be two baby’s born less then a month before my wedding so now we have to get the bridesmaid dresses figured out ASAP which means settling on colours ASAP too!
  • Shla
    Shla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah, hopefully it goes by fast. It dragged my first time around. Haha.

We have the venue (includes decor, catering, guest rooms, etc) and will book an officiant next week. Rings are on layaway. Definitely feeling no rush.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You're getting so close! Now is the time when things start fast approaching. We're 316 days to our wedding and there's still some big items that need to be accomplished like buy a dress, find an officiant, get our rings, and plenty of other things lol.

• Lisa
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Let me know when it is and we'll see if we can go! Smiley smile

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That would be so amazing if somebody I met here on wedding wire actually came to my social! lol

We aren't selling tickets yet but it will be at the Valley Gardens Community Club Hall

• Shla
    Shla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Having the big stuff done is always helpful. Haha. This is my second time around so I'm just kinda "meh" about the planning. Not really a huge deal to me. Our venue is pretty much an all in one so all we need is the photographer really and we're just hiring my sister in laws mom. Lol.
  • Christine
    Beginner October 2019 Ontario
    Christine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm a little over a year away from my wedding date! I've got most of the essentials such as the dress, venues, and photographer. We still have all of the other little details to do but that's why we like having a long engagement!
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Its crazy how quick that time will fly by, it feels like just yesterday we were at the one year mark and now we are at 181 days. I still have a ton to do but I have taken a brake from planning. I have not chose a DJ, makeup artist or dessert yet. I feel like we have the big things though, I have my dress and so do all my girls, we have a photographer, locations, caterer, and invitations are done. I also feel we are done choosing decorations. I have been relaxed the entire way and once you make a few decisions it flys by!

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am 321 days away - as soon as we got engaged I started planning right away to get the big stuff done - venue, church, photographer, my dress (still haven't quite decided yet) but during those couple of weeks I was a little stressed with lists and making appointments and calls and whatnot to figure a few things out but now all of the "big things" are taken care of and I can relax and enjoy being engaged and will be stress free for the next few months until the invitations go out - and then stress free again for a bit before crunch time right before the wedding to get the decorations together! that worked for me but may not work for you, my only advice is to enjoy the process Smiley smile it should be fun planning your wedding!

• Lisa
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Where’s your social, Tori? I’m in Winnipeg,
    and love a good social! Smiley smile
  • Renee
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Renee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I remember being this far out and being so chill and relaxed. I am 34 days out and still working on RSVP's! I had my ceremony dress fitting Thursday and will have my reception dress fitting tomorrow (both the first one) then Sunday is our meeting with the DJ to finalize details. When you are this close I find it's alot of teeny tiny details like shoes, favors, alterations, gifts for bridemaids, finalizing designs for things like our cake, cake topper, getting my seating chart oh I could go on and on! I'm just nervous that I will forget something and regret it. Enjoy the time while it lasts your wedding will sneak up quick lol
  • Julia
    Frequent user June 2019 Alberta
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have about 9 months left! My vision is to have everything done in the next two months! And be stress free before the wedding. I have our big stuff almost all done!
  • Megann
    Frequent user September 2018 New Brunswick
    Megann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    8 days away and everything is on point so far, I’m more excited to see my family fly in on wednesday Smiley laugh Our vision is rustic/fall and SIMPLE. We’re having a restaurant reception for 45 guests and us Smiley smile
  • Shla
    Shla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aww, that's awesome! We are doing Friday the 13th, too! It's going to be fun. We put our rings on layaway and booked our venue. Spent the day at home yesterday with our daughter. She was home from school because she is sick so no real celebrations for us lol.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I try to keep a chill attitude about planning things too, the stress isn't worth it to me. We are actually 400 days away from the wedding!

I did a lot this week: I booked our DJ and our honeymoon cruise!! We already have the venue, photographer, my dress, hair, and officiant. I have to meet with the officiant and DJ in November when I'm in my hometown next.

My vision is a tropical wedding that is inside an atrium with live tropical plants. It's attached to a hotel with banquet halls for the reception. Our main colours are teal and purple and using peacock feathers in our decor.

Next steps are to get our engagement photos done next month and use a photo from that for our save the date. Also working on finalising wedding party attire and groom attire (i.e. what they will be wearing). The next vendors we have to look at are florists and cake bakers!

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with you. I feel very chill and calm about planning. I think I am more excited than anything. We have our venue, photographer, DJ, hair and makeup booked already. Our engagement pictures are done. And once those are all edited and sent to me I can order our save the dates. Hoping for Black Friday/ Cyber Monday deals as we are ordering from Vista Print.
    I love planning and am far too organized! Can’t wait to hit that one year out date!
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

US TOO!!!!!! (You're doing Friday the 13th next year like us?)

How did you celebrate? We had wine and splurged on sushi Smiley laugh

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

How exciting!! I'm waiting on my 365 days till too - I've still got 385 days till the big day and 20 days until I am at the 1 year mark!

My vision is a rustic chic vibe with bonfires but a classy ceremony on a dock with our venue being all wooden with large tables but magnificent chandeliers hanging Smiley xd

So far I have the venue, food, alcohol, social, and officiant set up. (Of course the social is ongoing as I need to acquire social prizes for my March 29th social - anyone wanna come?? lol)

I only stress about getting things done when I remember to Smiley tongue Otherwise I feel like I have the absolutely necessary things already (venue and officiant).

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics