Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelsie
Master July 2021 Ontario

Jewelry Inspo!

Kelsie, on December 4, 2019 at 09:52 Posted in Wedding fashion 1 10

Hey guys and gals!

My wedding is slowly starting to creep up!

I've got my dress, got my shoes, got my veil on order - the next thing I have to tackle is jewelry.

I'm pretty useless in terms of fashion, I wouldn't even say I have a fashion sense!

How did you all pick your wedding day jewelry? Did you have something in mind already? Did you find something by surprise? Was your jewelry gifted to you? Where did you get your jewelry?

I'm totally lost on this and could really use some inspiration from you all!

10 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on December 6, 2019 at 10:56
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went on pintrist and saw a sheet that is a guideline to what type of dress you have and what jewelry you should wear. like example you have a ball gown it says which necklaces go with that neckline etc. im buying my jewerlly from aliexpress. they have whole sets for so cheap - plus i wont be wearing it again!!

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've found lots of small but sparkling studs on Amy O Bridal. They vary in size and style so you might find something that speaks to you. Here is one of my favs!
    https://www.amyobridal.com/products/arpel-floral-stud-earrings-silver
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Fair enough, it doesn't have to be blingy and big - it can be smaller.

If you just want studs, that's also cool - definitely don't have to do drop earrings. I think a single pendant necklace would be nice with your sweetheart neckline.

• Allison
    Curious June 2021 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My mom is giving me her wedding earrings, but I would say it all depends on who you are as a person and what you think goes with your dress!

BHLDN has some really nice stuff at pretty reasonable prices.

I love a drop earring like this: https://www.bhldn.com/products/virginia-drop-earrings-gold-clear?via=Z2lkOi8vdXJibi9Xb3JrYXJlYTo6Q2F0YWxvZzo6Q2F0ZWdvcnkvRjBFQ0ZCQzU

Or a stud like this: https://www.bhldn.com/products/lexie-post-earrings?via=Z2lkOi8vdXJibi9Xb3JrYXJlYTo6Q2F0YWxvZzo6Q2F0ZWdvcnkvRjBFQ0ZCQzU

If you're looking for something simple that you would be able to keep wearing, I would check out Mejuri - they make awesome quality jewelry that you can definitely wear again!

If you've got a higher neckline or a dress with beading and lace, I say skip the necklace, and just go for earrings and maybe a small bracelet. Good luck!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I really love your jewelry - so gorgeous!

I think just because I'm not a jewelry person to begin with ... I want something small. Blingy but small - if that at all makes sense? LOL

I have a sweetheart neckline so everyone suggests drop earrings but I don't think they're "me". I'm just not a fashion person at all and I'm lost hahaha

Ugh! The saga continues!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's awesome! My dress is mostly lace, with some pearls on it - I don't like pearls for myself though - they make me look really old! so I think I'll do some basic diamonds? I also haven't found anything I like yet... so there's that too lol

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's awesome you found something that suits your background! I feel like I'm pretty boring and will just choose some basic diamond studs and maybe a necklace? Have no idea realistically though haha

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had trouble finding my jewelry too! I had my dress, shoes and 1st veil picked out well in advance but had issues figuring out jewelry, but I managed to narrow it down:

- My engagement ring/wedding band are both diamond with white gold. I like my jewelry to match so I decided jewelry would be silver or white gold to match

- I was dead set on wearing all my piercings (1st and 2nd ear holes, nose ring) so I would match my 2nd ear holes to my nose ring - stuck with cubic zirconia I already own

- My dress has a blingy bodice so I didn't need/want anything over the top or dramatic. The bodice had crystals, pearls, opal in it so I had options. I ended up going with crystals since they matched my diamond rings and cubic zirconia piercings more

- I ended up with a jewelry set off Etsy since I wanted a necklace with a drop back (my dress has an open back and I was planning on doing an updo)

Jewelry Inspo! 1

It wasn't overly blingy to compete with my dress and the crystal shapes matched those in my dress.

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wanted my something old to be my grandmother’s pearls. My dress has some jewels on it so I found pieces that incorporate both to satisfy my need to be matchy-matchy.
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My jewelry was the first thing I bought that was wedding related lol it was totally a surprise that I found it while at a Scottish fair, but FH and I had decided on the colour theme of the wedding at least, so when I saw this set, I had to buy it. It's of Celtic design (I'm mostly Irish by background) and has pale purple stones and is silver. After that I bought my dress and the neckline accidentally just fit the necklace perfectly! There's also earrings and they'll dangle just below my hair when it's done. Unfortunately I don't have a pic though

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics