Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Newbie September 2018 Quebec

Jewelry

Allyssa, on April 7, 2018 at 16:30 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 20

Okay Bride's.... What is your dress neck-line and look, and what accessories and jewerly are you wearing?

I am wearing a strapless sweetheart fit and flare dress, and I am thinking just earrings and perhaps a bracelet. My mother seems to think I must wear a necklace, but I feel like it's just not my look.

How did or are you guys choosing and deciding

20 Comments

Latest activity by Viktorya, on January 29, 2021 at 12:08
  • Stefanie
    Devoted August 2021 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have a v neck and I am just wearing long dangly earrings and as dainty bracelet, no necklace. I find it is to much with all the lace details of my dress. Jewelry 1

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have a sweetheart slim ballgown and I've decided to wear my grandmother's pearls with it. I thought it was nice and simple while keeping with the 'something old' tradition. My only piece I'm considering maybe using or not is my fiancée and I have Pandora bracelets that are milestones of our relationship. It's super sweet and I love it but it doesn't really go with the outfit.

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had a sweetheart neckline with straps, and at first was definitely planning to wear a necklace. I also had a large beaded belt, so when I did try on necklaces, it was just too much, so I decided to go with just earrings and a bracelet.

Depending on how much beading or bling is on your dress can also help you decide if you should have something around your neck or not. What helped me was trying on some different costume jewellery I had around the house with my dress and, I came to the conclusion it was taking away from the dress too much. Maybe give that a try to see what might work before going out and picking your jewellery.

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Those are gorgeous!

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had a sweetheart neckline on a lace mermaid dress, and I wore a very simple short necklace, short drop earrings, and a statement bracelet. I did have a friend or two encourage me to wear no necklace but I felt a little exposed without one.

Ignore my goofy grin, but here is a necklace/earring/neckline close-up!Jewelry 2

• Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I want to wear a sapphire necklace that my mom wore on her wedding day. I don’t know if it will look good with my dress, so I’m going to wear it tonight to my dress fitting! I’m not planning on wearing any other jewelry (I don’t have my ears pierced, and I’m not a huge fan of bracelets).
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've been thinking about this a lot too...

I wear a chain necklace everyday (16th birthday present from my Grandma), it's for sure a more masculine necklace and as much as I want to wear it on my wedding day I know it wont fit (I might turn it into a bracelet so I can still have it on)

My dress is a sweetheart neckline but has quite a bit of beading on it already so I didn't want my jewellery be too much? Thinking a very simple neckless with a small stone (sapphire to match my engagement ring) and earrings is all I'm thinking!

I think it depends a lot on the material of the dress too, if it's simpler I think more bling is good in jewellery! But if the dress is already super bling you don't want to overdo it.

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Beautiful!
  • Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hope this help. But If your dress is already extravagant, i wouldn't worry too much with wearing a necklace.

Jewelry 3
  • T
    Frequent user August 2018 British Columbia
    Terri ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m wearing the exact same kind of dress. I am wearing my late grandmas opal necklace and earrings Smiley smile

Jewelry 4
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mine is a mix of a sweatheart and a Vneck I think.. I don't really know.

My dress has layers of lace and such so I don't want to add too much else to it. My hair will be up, i'll be wearing shorter Pearl earrings (about 1 inch) and simple pearl bracelet.

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m wearing the same fit and neckline as you and I plan to wear earrings and a bracelet too. I haven’t found a necklace that I like and I don’t want too much going on bc of the detailing on my dress. If I could find a nice simple necklace that I like I might consider. I definitely don’t think you have to wear one especially if it’s not your look.
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I haven't decided yet what I'm going to wear. I'm also a strapless sweetheart fit and flare and have only purchased earrings at this point. I'm not a big jewelry wearer though.

• Cathrine
    Devoted April 2018 Ontario
    Cathrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have a v neck line and I will be wearing my great grandmothers locket. A rose coloured rindstone bracelet and some rose coloured dangle ear rings. I’m very happy with my jewelry.
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have a sweetheart neckline and ill be wearing a pearl necklace (from my great grandma) and pearl drop earrings.

Mt dress isnt super blingy but it has some pearl accents so it should match my jewlery well!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sweetheart neckline. I'm not wearing a necklace. The bodice is fairly jeweled up anyway so I felt a necklace would take away from that. Plus, I rarely wear jewelry and didn't want to spend lots on a necklace I would wear one day.

• Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sweetheart neckline
    A-line silhouette
    Pandora jewelery set.
  • A
    Newbie September 2018 Quebec
    Allyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ah thank goodness I am not the only one!

• Elizabeth
    Frequent user June 2018 New Brunswick
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I NEVER wear jewelry so I'm not going to on the big day, it just makes me annoyed tbh. I'm just going with some accent earrings and that's all! My neckline is a low V.

• M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The jewellery is the last thing remaining and I swear it’s killing me! My neckline is sweetheart and the dress is a tad extravagant on its own, so I don’t wanna wear really wavy jewellery!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics