Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Valérie
VIP September 2019 Quebec

It's all coming together...and I'm 2nd-guessing it (rant)

Valérie, on May 26, 2019 at 20:44 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 14

We're getting close to our 100-day mark, which is definitely stressing me out. We have done so much, but there are still so much to figure out/do.

This weekend, we got our invitations (after having ordered the wrong size last week and freaked out a bit...my fault). We picked most of the key music for the day, talked to my FSIL about her kids being part of our day, looked at the structure of the ceremony and got pictures of our floral arrangements (we decided to stick with fake flowers).

Seeing everything coming together is making me second guess it all: Is it going to work, are people going to like it, is it going to look cheap...is the theme/colour scheme going to clash with the season/venue? Ugh...

14 Comments

Latest activity by Valérie, on June 21, 2019 at 15:50
  • Valérie
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

So true - I need to keep repeating that to myself!! Smiley smile

• Dionne
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Dionne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's 57 days for us and I just had a cry about it being so close and will it all come together. Then my MOH said "Who Cares?". As long as the officiant shows up you will be married. If everything else falls apart then so be it...well except the DJ...Gotta have the greatest dance party ever because we have the best DJ ever- Lissa Monet

• Crystal
    Newbie August 2019 Ontario
    Crystal ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I feel the same! I didn't stick to a theme as most weddings I have gone to. Its sorta a mix of what I like and he likes. But just trying to picture it all together and looks ok in my head but in person will it be different? lol

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm feeling the same way about how it will all come together. I think a lot of people end up feeling this way but in the end, it all - usually - comes together nicely.

• A
    Frequent user June 2019 Ontario
    Allyson ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm with everyone else....as long as you two love it as you go through the planning towards the big day then that's all that matters.

Probably my biggest stress through all this planning has been to match up my wants and expectations with my fiancé. ❤️️
  • Melissa
    Devoted May 2019 Alberta
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had the same emotions leading up to it. Even the morning of the wedding I was worried things weren't going to match or look the way we envisioned it. But it did, and it was amazing and I laughed at myself for worrying about it at all.

To be honest, I wasn't even focused on the details and neither were the guests.

Everyone is there for YOU and your FH, and no matter what it will all be perfect.

• Valérie
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you SO much everyone! I really needed to read it out and I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one feeling those things.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am in the same stage of you right now! We stuffed all invites yesterday and delivered a lot and mailing the rest. It has been stressful! I know we all second guess it all but I am sure it will all work out!

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I second guessed everything right up until the moment I saw everything together and setup for the wedding. We had venue staff complimenting us on all the decorations while we set them up which was great.
    It’s about what you want your wedding to look like and stick with it. If you are really worried try setting some of it up a little bit at home to see how it goes together
  • Sharlene
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with the ladies. The wedding is your special day. Don't worry what others think. Also, try to only entertain opinions from your fiancé, not others (and that includes the wedding party). My philosophy is if you aren't contributing money to the wedding, your opinion is only required if we ask for it. Sounds blunt, but you can go crazy trying to please everyone. This is your wedding and most likely you and your fiancé are the ones paying for it.

If you love it, then have it and it will work because it is a reflection of you! As soon as I showed one friend our reception venue, she said "oh, that is very you!" and it is. It was love at first sight! I loved in then and I love it still and I will love it even more on our wedding day.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with Amanda, and you gotta think it's about what you 2 want - not what someone else would want.

I have some of the same fears as you, we're doing a tropical theme in October - it works with our venue but I'm worried people are expecting a more fall theme lol. But it's what we want and I don't care if guests don't like it!!

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So exciting to be this close to your big day!

100% what Amanda said! It is about the 2 of you. It will all come together and you will be surprised about how it all turns out!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Honestly - like Amanda said, it's supposed to be about the two of you and what you want. If what you have planned is what the two of you like, then just enjoy knowing you will love it. I liked cookie monster as a kid so one of my birthday's growing up had cookie monster as a theme. When I was a kid I didn't care that most of my friends liked Elmo over Cookie Monster - because it was about ME. Try and have that mind set for your wedding Smiley smile

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will say to you what our cake lady said to us. "It's about you two and no one else, pick what you like, what you want..."

No matter what you do it will work. As far as people liking it? Honestly, who cares - it truly is not about other people. Yes of course, we all want our guests to have a good time, but I'm sorry if people are coming into my wedding thinking it looks cheap or they don't like the colours I chose - then byeee Felicia - there is the door.

Do what you two want, what speaks to you, fall in love with it and forget everything else.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics