Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Erin
Frequent user June 2024 Ontario

"It was his idea....sort of"

Erin, on December 11, 2019 at 11:48 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 13
So I get talking to my FH, we have our colors already (red, white, rose gold) and we are happy with those...except out of nowhere he says to me "I want to do a theme" of course I'm open to his ideas after all it's not just my big day but his too. "Okay lay it on me" I tell him and he comes out with this.... " I want to do a MIB theme" I'm mortified... Don't get me wrong I love sci-fi as much as the next gal but how the heck do I fit that in????? HELP!!!!!

13 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on December 12, 2019 at 13:27
  • Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hahaha I thought the same thing I got my revenge though. I told him fine if you and the boys are doing a mib moment then me and the girls are going to do a HP moment and pull our wands out lol should have seen his face
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This can be a compromise for you both as you like sci-fi. It can be both that can fit your personality. Harry Potter and magicians/monsters can be a way to represent a battling each other or working together as a team.

Put the thought to the test and see what the end result may look as your centerpiece on the table. He is putting his input as much you want nothing of it. This is both your day as much as things get done and planned.

• M
    Frequent user May 2021 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's what it is! I'm such a Harry Potter nerd I wrote "Deluminator" the first time and then thought "wait a minute....."!

• Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I completely get where you are coming from and I almost did do the death glare lol I think doing the MIB groom and groomsmen pics would be adorable to be honest and it's one of his fave movies so I'm going to incorporate it probably with a small shoot of him and the boys doing their thing after we get all the serious shots out of the way lol OH and the silver thingy I've been told is called "The neuralyzer" lol
  • M
    Frequent user May 2021 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can also tell him that he should use it in photos with his groomsmen. Like if they are wearing black suits, they also buy those signature black sunglasses and make their own memory-erase-thingies (I'm blanking on the name lol) and the photographer can take photos of them with the sunnies and the silver things and they can have some fun with it.

Maybe I'm a lil bit of a beech but I personally don't see anything wrong with saying "that's great sweetie. For your birthday. I'll plan the whole thing." with a death glare..... but that's just me!

If you're doing your own speeches at the reception, maybe throw a few MIB references in there?? He might appreciate that!

• Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thise are great ideas thank you so much
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can do table names instead of table numbers, you can add some MIB decor to your welcome table and/or cake table? like pictures of the MIB guys. also your entrance can be his fav MIB song or even your exit song.

• Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank would be an adorable idea and I actually happen to know someone that has a pug named Frank lmao
  • Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Those are some great ideas!!! Thank you so much
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah the name tags would be great, just have "Agent (insert first name initial)" instead of corsages or could personalize their gifts to have that on them or something. There's lots of ways to do this now that I'm thinking more about it lol. So you got this! This is just a last minute thought, but it would also be hilarious/awesome if you know someone that has a pug and incorporate him/her somehow (ring bearer?). I used to have one before MIB was a thing and always got told that I should've named him Frank😅
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You could also include some MIB instrumental music from the movies, or have a MIB style exit, too.
  • Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Samantha, thank you I was thinking of that too. I may do a photo shoot with all the guys dressed in shades and do diy MIB agent tags or something. Not sure yet but yeah totally sent me for a loop lol I died laughing at first but he looked so serious so I want to incorporate it somehow lol
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm not being mean, but I actually lol'd! At the same time I think it's amazing, but also glad I'm not in your shoes just because I'd also be stumped. Maybe you can have more of the props of MIB instead of actually integrating it into the decor itself? You said in your other post that you're doing a DIY photo booth right? So maybe tailor the props more to the MIB theme. You could even name the tables after planets instead of numbers. Could have the wedding party all pose with sunglasses in photos...there's definitely small ways to do this. I just wouldn't try to make the entire day revolve around it

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics