Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Olivia
Curious January 2019 Ontario

Is my venue dodging me??

Olivia, on January 11, 2018 at 20:34 Posted in Ontario 0 7

Ive done it all right. Chose a very reputable venue, had both our moms come so that all the right questions were asked and told them I’m ready to book. And now I can’t find anyone to talk to me. No emails answered, calls left unreturned. I’ve been very patient, and I’ve only emailed every other day.

Today I called reception instead of the direct line for the hotel and they confirmed that the person I’ve been dealing with has been in office. I don’t know what to do. My FH especially has been in love with this venue and we’ve already begun to plan around the decor of the place since they told us it was ours and our date was saved Smiley sad

7 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on February 8, 2018 at 10:25
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What was there reasoning behind why they were so difficult?

Really glad that they finally started cooperating!

• Olivia
    Curious January 2019 Ontario
    Olivia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It ended up taking a two weeks to get ahold of them; my FH had to email to get a response. We had signed the contract and we’re trying to make our first payment at the time. They’ve been good to us since but it was highly stressful
  • Cathrine
    Devoted April 2018 Ontario
    Cathrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

How long has it been since you last spoke to your person there? As the others have asked, have you signed and put money down yet? If you have, there may not be a lot to do with them just yet, as your wedding isn't till January 2019.

My venue sometimes takes a few days to get back to me, especially if i've loaded them with questions they are looking into answers for me for.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Go in person and talk to the manager. If that won't work, back to square one hoping you didn't put a down payment.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would drop in to speak with the person.

• Kristine
    Frequent user October 2017 Ontario
    Kristine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Is it close?

You could call ahead to see if your contact is available and just drop in?

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Have you booked with them already? Do you have a contract? Could people have been unavailable due to the holidays? When you spoke to someone on the phone and explained your situation did they offer you any explanation?

You are quite a long ways away from your wedding so I would not consider this a bad sign just yet. Maybe there is another point of contact at the venue who might be able to help you with the next phase of booking with them? Don't give up hope on the perfect venue just yet!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics