Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sonia
Frequent user May 2019 Quebec

Is anyone’s fh overwhelmed

Sonia, on November 12, 2017 at 23:25 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 16
I was having a conversation with him the other day about planning the wedding and he mentioned that he was feeling overwhelmed because he didn’t think we be planning this soon. And the only reason we are is because vendors book up super fast. We almost had to change our date because of the church. He had called in September to see if we could start reserving and the person in charge told him no but that he would put us on a list and call us beginning of 2018... but I had a feeling and called the other day and they said they were booking already and there was already someone with our date. Luckily we got the time we wanted but I just feel bad that he’s feeling overwhelmed, and I don’t know what to do Smiley sad

16 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on December 20, 2017 at 22:21
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We the brides (the one in control) know what we hae to do in order to get these places booked. Our husbands feel its not as important since i went through the same thing with my man. Quick tempered he is at times.
  • Kaytee
    Devoted September 2017 Alberta
    Kaytee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It is a nice balance to have.

• Sonia
    Sonia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    EXACTLYYYYYY! Like we already have the venue church priest(our church is French catholic and we wanted an Italian priest) and photographer. We’re booking our DJ on Tuesday and after that we can take it slow. It’s also just planning for myself. My hair and makeup and dress, accessories.

I feel like he’s realizing that we get to relax a little now and it’s good because at least now he can focus on his finals
  • Sonia
    Sonia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think that maybe a little bit of the issue as well. He’s also always such a last minute person that now to be seeing how quickly we need to book might be freaking him out :b
  • Carmela
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Carmela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wow! This was us last week! EVERYTHING YOU MENTIONED! I went through haha!
    We had to change our dates too to match the church or the venue! And if we didn’t go check the venue the day we did, we would have lost our date. They book so fast, and that’s what I told him. If we get this booked and outta the way, we can slow down on everything else. It needs to be done or you guys will lose out on your venue.
    You just need to resure him that if you get this done you can just slow down on everything else. The venue and church are the biggest thing, but most important bc they book so fast, and they need to understand that or you will lose the venue of your dreams
    don’t worry, about them, they will slowly understand.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s basically me too! He’s letting me do the planning but we both give any decision the final thumbs up lol
  • B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Call me crazy but I think that's adorable he's overwhelmed by the wedding!! He's obviously taking it seriously and maybe feeling a bit disorganized? Everything is easier when we do it together! Continue to do it with him and involve him in everything and be there in the moments when he is just overwhelmed. Cuz we all go there sometimes.
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yeah my fiancé was kind of ish but then he kind of just had me plan it all! I asked him constantly his opinion though so he was definitely included but I decided to just take the lead! Sometimes that's all you do! Depends on the person and how they feel about things though.
  • Kaytee
    Devoted September 2017 Alberta
    Kaytee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Mine wasn't but I just told him that I would do everything but run every decision past him and I think that that made him feel better. I wanted more pressure to be on me.

• Brittany
    Curious May 2018 New Brunswick
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Perhaps you should tell him that and it may help relax him a little. Smiley smile this is stressful for him tooyou guys just need to work together to support each other Smiley smile
  • Sonia
    Sonia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Well that’s it. Seeing how easily the vendors we want are booking up quickly, it’s stressing ME out. Once the really important areas are taken care of, I will definitely back off and focus on my wedding planning (dress, etc)
  • Sonia
    Sonia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We have date nights and we don’t really talk about the wedding unless he brings it up. I try to limit the days we talk about it because we really get to see each other only on Tuesday nights which have become our wedding planning day. Saturday’s are usually our relax day.
  • Brittany
    Curious May 2018 New Brunswick
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Mine got super overwhelmed about money- the planning he lets me stress out about mostly (basically our relationship since im the social butterfly). Honestly its just supporting one wnother- i went hard at first and then sort of stopped planning so hard once things were booked Smiley smile hes doing his best and so are you! Glad you got your spot!
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

There is not much you can do other than support him and maybe get his mind off of it for a little while. I would suggest an evening where you guys go out on a date and do not talk about wedding planning at all. We took breaks like this because otherwise I would have gone insane!

• Sonia
    Sonia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That’s exactly what I’m doing. Researching and getting ideas and presenting him with the information so that we can make the decision together. I understand and I didn’t want to start planning right away. Maybe beginning of next year but my cousin is a wedding planner and she’s right when she says to plan as soon as you know what you want. The vendors we want are popular and book up very fast.
    For sure once we get our next 2 Big vendors we’re going to take it slow on the planning and just focus on enjoying our engagement
  • Ashley
    Expert March 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH feels overwhelmed at times too, we just talk it out and take breaks from planning. I don't think he thought I was going to be so intense about the planning process that it stressed him out at first.

I included him in the decision making processes but booked things myself, unless I gave him a specific task to do or book.

It made it easier for the both of us and less stressful.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics