Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Is a pre-wedding pedicure necessary or not?

Joey, on August 28, 2019 at 08:05 Posted in Beauty 0 16

Will you be getting a pedicure before your wedding to get your feet looking perfect for your getting ready photos, open-toed shoes, and barefoot dancing? Or is this something you plan to skip and save some cash?

Is a pre-wedding pedicure necessary or not? 1'

Photo by Swarah Henna Art in Montreal

16 Comments

Latest activity by Sadia, on December 4, 2019 at 23:08
  • Sadia
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Sadia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not a necessity at all BUT I am getting my henna artist to do henna on my feet too, so I’m going to get a pedi so my feet look nice in pictures 😂
  • Danielle
    Frequent user July 2022 Manitoba
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm wearing cowboy boots as well, as are my girls! But I'm considering splurging and having someone come to our accommodations the night before to give us a mani/pedi. I definitely know I want to do my nails that night, even if we just have a DIY mani party.

Our day-before timeline consists of set-up from 12-5, then the whole party will arrive for the rehearsal and dinner, and then (probably about 7 or 8) we'll retreat to the onsite B&B to party a little (not too much though since we have to be bright-eyed and bushy-tailed in the morning). I really don't want to be hauling stuff around with a fresh manicure which is why I want to do it after. Smiley smile

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Absolutely necessary! Not a lot of people saw my toes, but I knew that they looked cute at hell (they still do since the nail polish is still on lol)!

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I want to because I love any excuse for a pedicure. Just whatever you do never get one on the actual wedding day! The oils they use if you are wearing heels will make your feet slide and it will be horrible... this from experience. Our bride purchased pedicures for us day of. I have never had so much agony in shoes. I couldn't even wear them thru the pictures. We were are crying lol. No shoes at the reception good thing our toes looked good. 😉
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think it's necessary, just a "nice to have" relaxing time before the big day.
    I'm doing it with my mom a couple of days before the wedding, just us two girls!!

• Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

With the abuse my feet go through in my duty boots, I am definitely getting a pedicure, even though I'm wearing closed-toe shoes!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think it's necessary, I'll probably do a DIY pedicure at home a few days beforehand to save some money

• K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Open toed shoes and dry feet/nails meant I needed a pedicure for sure!

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not necessary, but I will be getting it done! My shoes are open toe and it will just look cleaner. Plus nice and clean for later that night!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not necessary at all! Will I do it? Probably Smiley tongue But if I only have time for a manicure then that's okay. Not like my feet will be on display!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m definitely going to get one, if not for the wedding, I definitely need one for our honeymoon!

My wedding shoes are closed toe so it doesnt really matter but it always makes you feel better!
  • Madisyn
    Expert February 2020 Ontario
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My wedding shoes are sandals and we will be spending the week on the beach so a pedicure is necessary!
  • Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have close-toed booties that I'll be wearing and switching to sneakers fro the reception, so no I don't think a pedicure will be necessary.

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My wedding shoes are closed toe heels and for dancing I am looking to sub those shoes out for some sparkly flats or sneakers so my toes won't be seen. I could always paint my toes myself but I won't be getting them done professionally.

• M
    Expert September 2019 Ontario
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm definitely getting a manicure and pedicure. I will just feel better with them done.
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am going to be wearing cowboy boots but later in the night sandles. I am more likely just oing to do it myself and save costs.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics