Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Newbie October 2018 Manitoba

Inviting coworkers

Chelsey, on February 18, 2018 at 12:57 Posted in Wedding reception 0 8
Help! I’m stumped. I’ve worked at the same place for a long time, which means I’m very close with majority of my coworkers. I have no problem inviting them, but what do I do about significant others? There’s some that I’m friends with, but some that I’ve never met. And what about the casual workers, I’m not really close with them, but I also don’t want to invite everybody and leave the two of them out. I know in the end it’s my decision but I need some input...

8 Comments

Latest activity by Mira, on February 23, 2018 at 23:21
  • Mira
    Curious July 2018 Ontario
    Mira ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m in the same boat. I have a lot of coworkers who I’ve known for years but we are also not having a very large wedding and are reaching our venue cap. Is it bad if I invite them all as individuals since I figure they could all be at the same table? Is this okay etiquette?

I also have small handfuls of good friends from different time periods in my life (i.e. two highschool friends, 1 university friend and two friends from a sports team who I’ve known too) and are wondering if putting them all at the same table is a faux pas? Kind of like a hodgepodge of people? :-/ I don’t want to make them uncomfortable but at the same time I want them there. Anyone else having the same issue and can offer advice?
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it would be appriciated by your coworkers if you allowed them to include their significant other at your wedding. As for the last 2 coworkers, if it’s not that big an issue, I’d say just invite them.
  • Natalee
    Curious October 2018 Ontario
    Natalee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This has been one of the hardest things for our wedding so we are inviting a few from work that I am closest to and their S.O. and then after dinner inviting the rest for the reception party. I don't know if that helps at all? Best of both worlds maybe? Smiley heart

• Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm going through the same problem, although my issue isn't their SO (as most don't have). I work in a hotel and I plan to invite the front desk staff....we have such a small staff that I fear if I invite everyone then no one will work at the hotel. Obviously that's for my managers to decide but I plan on only inviting those I have worked with for at least 2+ years. So we recently hired a staff member back in December so I won't be inviting him as we aren't that close compared to the other front desk staff members. My FH disagrees and believe I shouldn't invite any co-workers as we don't hang out after work hours, but given we are such a small staff that we can't go out together as always ONE of us are working haha

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it would be nice if you invited their significant other as well just as a courteous hostess.

• C
    Newbie October 2018 Manitoba
    Chelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That’s exactly what I was thinking. There is only 4 that I really don’t know so there’s not a big difference. I’d rather just invite them to be courteous, and them decide not to come. You put what I was thinking into words.. thank you!
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am inviting some of my coworkers but only some of them have significant others. Ultimately I was going to work it around how many people could fit at the table. Whether it would mean having the people I am closer with be there with their significant other instead of having another coworker there or not.

It is a tough decision to decide who you invite and who you don't.

• Lucy
    Frequent user July 2019 Ontario
    Lucy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

How many extras are we talking? I work in a small office of 5 and I'm inviting them plus partners since the difference between 5 and 10 isn't really that big in the grand scheme of things. My way of thinking is would you want to go to a romantic event like a wedding without your SO? What's the percentage of coworkers & partners v coworker only? I would invite the casuals, they may not come or they might take the opportunity to mix and mingle with their coworkers away from the office to get to know them better.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics