Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Michelle
Super September 2018 Alberta

Invites are out!!!

Michelle, on March 15, 2018 at 00:02 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 29

OMG! It's happening!! All invites were completed last weekend and now we are beginning to send them out, already got some RSVPs back!! The feeling is beginning to sink in of "Oh my god, it's HAPPENING!!"

How did you brides feel once you completed your invites?

29 Comments

Latest activity by Michelle, on March 17, 2018 at 14:34
  • Michelle
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree!!! Hahaha

• Michelle
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yup. On the wedding wire website when someone RSVPs I get an email update. So I feel all giddy when I see the emails haha

• Michelle
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Perfect Smiley smile I found that way helped us sort who is invited and who isn't.

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Awesome! I felt so happy when mine were out too! Haha I just wish people would RSVP back sooner but we know a bunch of people are coming, they just haven't RSVP'd back but we still have a bunch of time.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Exciting! We haven't sent ours yet but I have them ready to go. We have my e-mail as the RSVP response so I know I'm going to be super excited to be checking my e-mails once we send them out!

• Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's a great idea! I have him till Monday to get the list done. I will get my invite Tuesday and want them mailed that day as well.
  • Michelle
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If it helps give him a dead line. We had list of "Musts" and a list of "Maybes" for both sides. Until the time we ordered invites we had both lists, but once I was deciding how many invites to order, the ones that were still Maybes were taken off the guest list. Of course some of the Maybes moved to Musts. So maybe that might help with the decisions.

• Karen
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I sure hope so
  • Michelle
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah I hope so Smiley smile

• Michelle
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Don't worry too much about it Smiley smile he'll figure it out

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Feeling nervous on his list and excited to get the responsesis the feeling right now. Give it time and you will have all the counts finalized.
  • Karen
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ahhh that's exciting!!
    My invite is not done till Monday. But I did send my rsvp to my side of my family and got a few rsvp. My FH hasn't made up his mind on guest list so I'm panicking on that.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I never thought about that. We've gone through several revisions of our guest list (from 100 to 180 guests), so I hope that nothing changes since we literally have everyone we MUST invite.

I will take it easy tho Smiley smile

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yay!!! Such an exciting moment! Smiley heart

I definitely had the same "omg this is really happening" moment when we sent ours out!

• Michelle
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

A little bit haha I gave about 6 in hand before mailing out and only 4 ppl got back to me!! AAAHHH!! haha

• Michelle
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! It is!! Smiley smile can't wait for the planning to be over!

• Michelle
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Not to worry. I didn't officially start collecting addresses until I ordered the invites. As once I ordered my invites I knew my guest list was some what finalized, even after I ordered the invites we were taking ppl off the list and adding as well. So I didn't want to ask ppl too soon in case something changes and either I don't want to or can't invite them to the wedding either due to numbers, conflict or no longer in touch. Don't stress about it

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I felt soooooo relieved! But now waiting for them to come back is stressing me outtttt!!! We haven't gotten back as much as we thought we would yet so we are getting a little stressed about that lol

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh congrats! Very exciting! I think I also felt like it was more real once we got them all addressed and mailed.

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I hope so! I just emailed FMIL today to get her to give me the addresses for FH's side of the family since we don't know any of that lol.

• Michelle
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It's true! Plus it's a simple click of a button if you are doing it on the website here as well.
  • Michelle
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh that date is coming up!! They better RSVP quick...I'm not looking forward to hunting ppl down for that. We've handed out a total of 6 invites out of our 38 so far, about 28 are being mailed out so I expect those RSVP to come back in about a month or 2.

• Michelle
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah! We ordered our invites off Vistaprint as well Smiley smile

• Michelle
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You got lots of time Smiley smile no need to rush it!

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    True! Lol and it's not like my family hasn't been waiting for this moment forever lol I'm 40 and my Portuguese standards that's late LOL not to mention me talking about it for the last year and a half! Lol
  • Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha!! I do the same. Our guests have until April 20th. We got a bunch of early RSVPs and I was so excited. Then nothing for weeks! Just got two more but I don't get people. Next event I'm making sure they only have a month! I mean, what takes so long lol are you available that date? Yes, excellent. No, can't make it. It's not rocket science.
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Very exciting isn't it! Congratulations! We got quite a few early RSVPs as well. Then they will stop coming and youll wonder "what the hell is wrong with people!" Lol That's what's happening to me right now! I check my mailbox every day and I'm like "ugh no RSVPs today!" Eventhough guests have until the 29th of April to respond! Lol
  • Ashley
    Frequent user August 2018 British Columbia
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just ordered our invites today from vistaprint. But defiantly felt the same when we sent out the save the dates.

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Very excited for you! I'm still in the process of picking out my invites unfortunately so nowhere near completion!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics