Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Candice
Frequent user October 2021 Ontario

Invites

Candice, on January 3, 2020 at 22:22 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 30
My fiancé and I are getting married October 24th, 2020. Is it too late to send out save the dates and when should we send out our invites?

30 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on January 9, 2020 at 12:25
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If youre doing STD do it now. im getting married in aug 2020 and we sent our save the dates since Apr 2019, but i mean ur wedding is coming so you could even skip the save the dates

• Candice
    Candice ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It actually worked perfectly. We wanted to get the invites out this month, but decided that we would do save the dates to give us more time with the invites as we still have not finalized a lot of the timing details.
  • Candice
    Candice ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We ordered them off vistaprint. There was a promo code december19 which gave us 49%off our order.
  • Michael
    Newbie October 2021 Alberta
    Michael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Skip save the dates unless you have alot of people travelling a great distance
  • Chasey
    Newbie October 2026 Ontario
    Chasey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ou what site/company did you use?
  • A
    Beginner April 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awesome idea!! Nevee thought of doing the before.
  • A
    Beginner April 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Too late for save the dates. I would send out the invitations as soon as possible. The more notice the better that way you can get a number count on how many guests are coming to you can plan accordingly.
  • Kat D
    Frequent user April 2021 Manitoba
    Kat D ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Don't bother with save the dates & just sent invitations. Save the dates are mostly unnecessary unless you are having a long engagement and sending them really far in advance.
  • Cassandra
    Beginner May 2021 Ontario
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was so passionate about doing Save The Dates and Invites. I ended up just doing invites because my wedding was less than a year away and it's so much cheaper to only do one type of wedding invite!
  • Erin
    Newbie June 2020 Manitoba
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Fully Agree with Chris! I sent out a text to everyone who needed to know (family, close friends, etc.) when we confirmed a date and booked the major vendors (Reception, Catering, Flowers, DJ, Decorators) I plan on sending out invites this month (combination of email and invites to the older folks). My wedding is June 27, 2020.

• Candice
    Candice ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We went with the magnet save the dates. Only cost $52 for 50 with envelopes after shipping and tax.
  • Angelina
    Newbie August 2020 Alberta
    Angelina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for letting me know! I'm going to check that out now.

• Candice
    Candice ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks! It is true, internet is easiest for most, however we are very old fashioned. We are even doing prestamped envelopes and having our guests mail back the invites. It’s much more challenging, however we definitely think it is worth it for us as a lot of our guests will be so lost on the internet.
  • C
    Newbie November 2020 Ontario
    Chris ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancée and I are getting married on April 25th. We’re currently working on our invitations right now and don’t really need a “save the date”. We feel that it’s just a redundant step, because regardless you’d have to follow up anyways. It’s much easier to get a hold of people now a days through email, text, social media etc! I think you’ll be just fine!
  • Candice
    Candice ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks makes sense to reach out to our of town guests first.
  • Candice
    Candice ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s a great point. I didn’t think of that.
  • Candice
    Candice ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awesome! We just ordered our save the sates on vistaprint last night. If you use the code December19 it might still work. We got 49%off our order.
  • Angelina
    Newbie August 2020 Alberta
    Angelina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We just booked our venue so goal is to send save the dates by the end of the next two weeks. We have family across the country and most need to put in their time off request in the next few weeks. So we chose to do earlier than some.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm getting married on October 2, 2020 and we haven't sent ours out yet. You should be fine! If you have people traveling from long distance I would send theirs first so they can start looking for flights and hotels (but honestly my flight tracking app just started to give me accurate info for October/November flights so too early doesn't always help)
    We're planning on sending them soon, I didn't see the point in mailing them during the Christmas peak season where they might not get there any faster due to mail volumes.
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ours is the last weekend of September 2020. We sent Save the Dates to our immediate family and bridal party at the beginning of November so they'd have first dibs at the accommodations at our venue. The rest of them just went out a week ago. You're probably still fine to send them out if you get them out fairly quickly - like in the next month or so. We're probably sending our first round of invites in May and the second in July.

• Stephanie
    Beginner August 2021 New Brunswick
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Everything I've read seems to be late . I'm sending out my save the dates however a year in advance because half our guests are out of town. Many have to plan their vacation a year in advance. With this being said I think if you're having it in your home town and people can easily drive there I'm sure it's not late for you Smiley smile
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Then I’d recommend 4 months out in June for sure.
  • Candice
    Candice ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    They say 2 weeks but I’m hoping to have it 4-6 weeks prior.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Your invites I wouldn’t worry about til June at the earliest I think. It really depends on when your venue needs the guest count.

• Candice
    Candice ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks! There aren’t too many travelling far for my wedding but I definitely want the RSVPs back by 6 weeds before. Being out of the province for the 5+ months leading up to the wedding myself I have been stressing out how to make it work.
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I sent out my save the dates 11 months out since I have some family that needs to make major travel arrangements, so I wanted to give them that extra heads up. Invites I'll be sending out about 4 months out since vendors need to know final head count about a month before the wedding day
  • Candice
    Candice ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you. I have been worried about falling behind, I may be overthinking it and rushing too far ahead.
  • Candice
    Candice ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks. I have been stressing getting the invites done as we are going out of the province in April. I was thinking trying to get the invites out by the end of the month but I am worried it is a little too early.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You could send save the dates now or very soon, especially if you have out of town guests.

I sent my save the dates a year before (which I don’t recommend - it’s too far out) and I’m sending my Actual invites 4 months before my wedding because I need RSVPs back for a month before the wedding.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Save the Date is good to send now to give family/friends a heads up for your day to attend. The invitations itself would be good at 3 months time to get back in 6 weeks to get the final count 6 weeks before the day and vendors/venue are aware of how many to expect.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics