Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Natasha
Devoted June 2019 Ontario

Invitations! Is mailing mandatory?

Natasha, on December 10, 2018 at 20:54 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 14
What are you thoughts? If you have a physical invitation, is it necessary to mail it the person if you see the person regularly? Also is it tacky to hand deliver as oppose to mailing?

14 Comments

Latest activity by Brittany, on December 12, 2018 at 16:51
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My rule of thumb was, if I won't see you in the 7 days after my 'mailing date', then yours goes in the mail. I wasn't going to have anyone wait because "I'll see them in a few weeks"...

My co-workers actually told me, "Don't you dare mail ours". If you see anyone on a regular basis (weekly), you can hand deliver.

• Monica
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Monica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m definitely hand delivering to those near me. The guests that are out of town or live further away will get it mailed to them. Just keeps costs down and is easier for me personally, since I will be seeing my extended family for celebrations in the new year prior to the wedding
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will be hand delivering some invitations. Mainly to co-workers and local friends. I don't think its tacky.

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiancé and I will be hand delivering invitations to family/friends who live nearby or that we see regularly, and mailing the rest.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you see them regularly, it's totally okay to hand deliver, plus it can be more personal! I'm doing that for both save the dates and invitations where necessary.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think its a bad thing. but depends on how many too. for our core group of friends we see every week. they will be hand delivered. but i'm not driving around the city to hand deliver invites. those can be mailed. not worth the time or gas in my opinion.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Completely up to you!

I will be hand delivering the ones that I see often, and then it will save me on postage which is a bonus! For invites I am just making sure that I still create nice labels with their names and addresses even though they are being hand delivered.

I am doing the same with Save the Dates. All about saving money when it comes to wedding stuff lol

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hand delivered most of the invitations to family and friends with the cities cause I do see them often and wanted to personally give them in person. The only invitations mailed were to family in the states due to not travelling at the time.

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're hand-delivering as many as we can. In my FH's culture, it's actually the preferred option. It would be a huge insult if we mailed it to people we see regularly. We're even making a special trip to LA that is basically just to hand-deliver the invitation to his grandparents.
  • Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I hand delivered lots of my save the dates and will be doing the same with invites in the new year. And my family and friends liked having them hand delivered! Makes it more personal Smiley smile
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can definitely hand deliver invitations to people you see frequently! That's what were doing.

• Shla
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Shla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not at all. I won't be mailing my parents, my best friends or my brothers invites. I see all of them and their families all the time.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not at all!!! I'm avoiding mailing at all costs I'm hand delivering as many as I can! I do have envelopes with addresses and names on each one but just saving on the stamps!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not in my opinion! That's what I will be doing as well. I was actually thinking of making a trip person to person to hand deliver them.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics