13 Comments

Latest activity by April, on October 23, 2018 at 16:05
  • April
    Beginner June 2019 Alberta
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We aren't going to have any other alcohol available, so all of it will be complimentary Smiley tongue it will just only be wine hehe

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It might be best to indicate on your invitation that wine is complimentary so that guests are aware any other alcohol will have to be purchased.
  • April
    Beginner June 2019 Alberta
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I never thought about announcing the kind of bar you have. We're only serving wine at our wedding, do you think we need to let people know that in advance?

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I agree with Bianca! If you weren’t having an open bar then that’s when an indication might be necessary so that guests can expect to bring cash.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

As a guest, I would assume it was an open bar unless otherwise noted. So I don't think you need to include anything Smiley smile

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If I get a wedding invitation and it doesn't say cash or toonie bar or dry wedding. then I know its an open bar. so no need to say it on the invite

I would put it on the wedding website.

• Morisseau
    Newbie June 2019 Quebec
    Morisseau ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh ok, thank

• Morisseau
    Newbie June 2019 Quebec
    Morisseau ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks for you comment

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Guests will already know its open bar when they receive their invitation unless written on a separate card about a toonie or cash bar to be prepared for in advance.

Never is there that information on any invitation I have received personally.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm not including it on my invite! That shihkdnt be a deciding factor if someone wants to attend or not
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would mention it on your wedding website if you are having one.

Then when you send invitations, I would have it on a details card and a sign at your reception like this one:

Open Bar SignInvitations cards 1

We're having an open bar and will have a sign like this one, and a mention in our invites/website

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Are you wanting to include something small on your invitation? Or are you going to include a details card? Or are you referring guests to a wedding website?

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would think that the best way to let people know without it seeming too tacky would be to put it on your wedding website as an FYI type of thing.

I too am having an open bar but the way the we are letting people know is by word of mouth and I will mention it on our website. Putting it on the invitations just strikes me as trying too hard to inform them just so they increase their presentation accordingly. I mean - ya I want them to increase the presentation based on that, even I do! But whenever I go to a wedding I bring a card with cash but when I find out what kind of bar it is then I decide how much of said cash goes in the card.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics