Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Katie
Frequent user October 2018 Ontario

Invitation wording for no children

Katie, on February 12, 2018 at 19:02 Posted in Before the wedding 0 8
Just wondering if anyone has examples of how they worded that children were not invited to the wedding?

If we were to open the invitation to children it would increase our guest list by over 40 so it just isn’t an option for us.

We’ve clearly indicated in the Q&A section of our website that it is adult only, and set the RSVP to not allow added guests, but I just want to make it as clear as possible, especially in case people don’t read our site.

I’d like it just to be a short message as we don’t have a ton of extra space on our invites.

8 Comments

Latest activity by Sydney, on February 14, 2018 at 02:37
  • Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had it’s written at the bottom of our invitations. “We love your littles, but this is an adult only affair”. Short and sweet!
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We stated simply that though we love children, they were not invited. I would suggest saying "Adults only event"; simple, concise and no room for interpretation.

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got help from both of our parents to help spread the news through word of mouth! We also addressed our save the dates and invitations specifically to only the guests invited by name.

Here are some more tips on how to go adults-only: 7 Tips for Having a Adults-Only Wedding

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We addressed the invites to the adults only and stated specifically on the invitation "Adult reception". We didn't want to leave it open for interpretation. By the time that we sent out invites, most people already knew because they had asked us when they saw us if we were having kids there and we told them it was adults only. Our guest list would have been waaaaay too big if we included all the kids.

• Katie
    Frequent user October 2018 Ontario
    Katie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh I like that. The one I’ve found so far that I liked best was we adore your kids but we have limited space. Please make it a date night!
    I like the you deserve the night off over the limited space. Thanks!!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our parents 25th Anniversary, the invites said 19+ event due to belly dancers as the performers. This is another way if you choose to phrase the working that your guests will understand.
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I also found this and thought there were a few cute ideas.

Invitation wording for no children 1
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are thinking of writing "We love you're kids, but we think you deserve a night off!! Adults only please" something along those lines.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics