Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amelia
Master October 2020 New Brunswick

Invitation Overload!

Amelia, on January 13, 2020 at 19:26 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 22

I wanted to take a minute to welcome to all the new nearlyweds to the Wedding Wire community! I don't know where you're at with planning, but my fiance and I are about to pick our invitations in the next few weeks!

I never dreamed that there were so many options when choosing invites. I knew that you could do paper or evites, but I had never heard the phrase "invitation suite" before wedding planning.

Have you started looking at invitations yet? Do you have a favorite website, theme, or a color scheme picked out? I keep falling in love with black ones and floral ones on Vistaprint!Will you send out your invites by email or snail mail?Are you going all in with the matching save the dates, RSVP cards, signage, and thank yous galore?
This is one of my favorites from Vistaprint:Invitation Overload! 1

22 Comments

Latest activity by Michelle, on January 15, 2020 at 19:29
  • Michelle
    Newbie August 2021 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I bought a digital file of ours. One that I as basically able to create myself off a seller's website. I have a printing copy we use at work who has offered to print out our save the dates and invitations for free, so I hit a home run with them. I'm sending them via snail mail, but had a website that will take all of our rsvps (made through wedding wire). The website makes it SO easy to track who's coming for what. I love it!
  • lkbuck
    Curious January 2021 New Brunswick
    lkbuck ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having an intimate ceremony with 40 guests and ordered invitations from Shutterfly on sale. For the remaining 140 guests for the reception, we ordered different cheaper ones from Vistaprint (also on sale lol!) as the information for them will be different.
  • Amelia
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I know what you mean, my inner environmentalist wanted to go paperless. I even looked briefly at plantable seed paper invites and I would have done it if we were having a spring/summer wedding, I just figured that no one could plant them in October and they'd be lost or tossed by spring time.
    I figured at least a few people would need and want paper invites (our parents and grandparents for sure). Plus I love getting mail that isn't a bill or a piece of junk mail. We lucked out that most of our guests are couples so while we've got about 75 guests we only need to send about 40 invites.
  • Beatriz
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Beatriz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I picked mine from Vista print but asking people to rsvp through our wedding website. Also I found a killer deal on Amazon for envelopes. I chose an accent colour that is close to the one for our wedding. If I am being honest though, I do wish I went the e-invites route. Less waste, and more economical, even though I have done my research, by the time you add on stamps and so on you are a few hundred in and they will end up on people's garbage soon after the wedding.

• S
    Frequent user March 2021 Ontario
    Stiffra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re about to order ours too! We’re getting all of our stationary items from Minted ☺️ We like their design options and found one that suited us well! Our wedding website is with them as well and it matches the colour scheme of all of our stationary too
  • Amelia
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I haven't heard of greenvelope. Definitely going to take a peek, thanks!
  • Robyn
    Newbie September 2020 British Columbia
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm using Greenvelope and doing it all online. Save the Dates and Invites will match, as will thank you cards!

• Amelia
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You have such great attention to detail! I would never think to match the cake and the stationary.
  • Amelia
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Our save the dates don't match either. I wasn't going to do them but Costco had a deal when we were ordering prints of our engagement photos!
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I couldn't find any templates I liked on any invitation websites so I went and designed my own! They followed our turquoise, purple, and peacock colour scheme/theme, I ended up using my invitation theme for the rest of our stationary that I DIY'd. Our save the dates and thank yous were slightly different, since I used photos for each, but still had the same colour scheme.

We sent them snail-mail, there's something nice about getting a physical wedding invitation in the mail, especially since most mail is bills/spam lol.

• Kimberly
    Frequent user July 2020 Ontario
    Kimberly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So I just ordered my invitations off vistaprint! and am super happy with them and their prices

we are trying to hand out invitations out in person which I understand is not doable for everyone some we ill be mailing. I did an online RSVP as to save money stamps. My save the dates did not match my invites. as our save the dates were a picture of us. and my thank you cards don't match either.

I did try and match my invites to our theme which is rustic as we are on a farm and made sure they were lighter colored as its summer

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your invitation looks nice and well done. The pattern suits your personality as the choice is how we make to go on our style.

wedding inviation and menu cardInvitation Overload! 2

I also used Vistaprint for the invitation, Thank You cards and menu cards. They have such a great variety and style to choose about their website. The design was consistent given the pattern colours were different for each occasion. The wedding cake was designed to have the pattern match the card and paws as memory of our beloved dog Peanut present with us that day.

Invitation Overload! 3

• Amelia
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I haven't been using IG for wedding inspiration, maybe I should start.
    I love some of the laser cut ones, and the gold embossed ones. I'm beginning to think that this is the one time we will send something with the potential to be extra fancy and that maybe we should go a little bigger and fancier.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Im about to order mine too we are looking at elegant invite and then doing an RSVP online on our website or by calling either of us! our theme is blingy so we will probably do laser cut invitations! but there are so many options and ive been checking IG actually and looking there and checking websites

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That one looks awesome! I'm a huge sucker for greenery. Also my sister's BF's name is Taylor so it's tripping me out a little haha.

I just ordered some samples of our invitation suite from Vistaprint on the 6th and they shipped out yesterday. It's only 10 of each but I don't imagine the extra quantity will take toooo much longer. But if they arrive when they're supposed to, 2 weeks between ordering and receiving them isn't too shabby.. A word of caution though, the sizes that they list on the website and the size that they actually send are different so, if you want to use envelopes other than the ones they send you, make sure you find something that fits their actual size. Our save the dates were somewhat tricky to stuff into the envelopes I used.

But once we're satisfied with the samples I'll order the rest and get out to find some supplies to jazz them up a bit. I'm pretty stoked for that part lol.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm not sure how long it takes for vistaprint to get invitations back to you. I guess I'd like to send out invites about 4 months in advance. With one month before to RSVP. I would imagine vistaprint would have it to you in 6-8 weeks (though I'm not sure) so as long as invitations are done 6 months in advance I'm good. I was looking at the 5x7 cards and envelopes from Michaels. I thought I'd print off my invitation wording on a nice piece of paper and use the two sided tape they use for scrapbooking to put it on the invitations. Then I can dress them up with rhinestones or bows or whatever we decide. They also have a smaller card I can use for the RSVP with envelopes.
  • Amelia
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think that's a really good way to look at it. Have you given yourself a cut off date where you would use plan v (plan Vistaprint 😉)?

We have a friend who has offered to design ours but now she is expecting and I'm worried that she might have too much going on. I'm hoping she and I and FH can sit down by the end of next month and have a plan, otherwise I'll be resorting to plan v.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm going between vistaprint and making my own now. It'll be about the same cost so it is about time (hoping it is something me and my MOH can do together for some bonding time. Something that no one else is helping with.) The only thing is we know how life gets so I guess as long as I can get them done before I would have to put an order into vistaprint will be the deciding factor...
  • Amanda
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Gah those still arent sorted out? I want to go down there with you and also give her a piece of my mind lolol.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm trying to think positively - if this is the ONE thing in my planning that goes bad, I'll be ok lol I'd rather have a bad experience with my invites than my dress or losing my venue. So trying to stay positive!

• Amelia
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I was thinking about your invitation issues over the weekend. I was hoping that you had gotten some good news! Sorry it's still so stressful.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm sad to say I have nothing positive to say about my invitations lmao. It's been a nightmare from the beginning.

I'm in the drafting process right now so hopefully when the invitations are in hand I can forget about how difficult it was to actually get them.

I love your invitation inspo! I love the colours.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics