Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Devoted November 2019 Quebec

Invitation Frustration

Rebecca, on August 15, 2019 at 17:50 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 11

Invitation frustration**

So after my last post about figuring out what to write on my invite because I am having a private ceremony I finally figured out how to word it. I designed my invites and ordered them from vista print. Few weeks later I get the invites only to realize there is no rsvp date *face palm*. I ask FH what I should do and he suggest ordering buisness cards but make them rsvp card ( cheaper and we are doing online rsvp) so I match the cards to the invites and order them. They came in today and are way lighter then I had antisapaited and dont match AT ALL! Im torn btwn ordering a new set but thats extra money not in the budget and still no garantee they will match and just sending them. I'm SUPER bothered that they dont match and then Im bothered that I'm bothered!

Idk what to do and I think I'm feeling the planning stress plus MOH drama isnt helping.
Any ideas? Am I overreacting? Will people care?

Invitation Frustration 1

11 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on August 17, 2019 at 23:56
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That’s so great to hear that everything is working out with the re-order! I honestly think they look good enough considering it was technically an add-on to your invites.
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm glad customer service was able to help. I kinda had a similar experience with Minted for our invites, and their customer service totally blew me away.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Vistaprint is great for their customer service. Live chat with them and let them know you ordered the wrong cards and need the one that matches your invites. They will do so and refund you the first batch back and send you the new batch proper.

I had some issues with Christmas card envelopes since they were out of stock. They ended up refunding me the money and sending a new batch out with the envelopes.

Don't be afraid to voice your concerns to them to get the help needed they will provide correcting the mistake. If the same can be done for the invite and you want to recreate, ask them what can be done and how long the new batch will be sent out to you. Shipping time is always great with them as you have seen.

Give it a try and hope you get the results to make it a happy solution.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would message vista print and just ask if they can match both designs as the ones you designed didn't come in color shown on website. They would design it completely and refund you! They did it for me. Its 100% up to you. Honestly i screwed up the size of my inviation and vista worked with me a lot and didn't make me pay to replace all my screw ups lol

• Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway
    Cliodhna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's great news, Rebecca! I hope they are a better match Smiley smile

• R
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Update- I messaged customer service helped me get the color right and resent them to me free. They may not be an exact match but a lot better then they are now.

• R
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks so much everyone! Wedding planning is crazy stressful its nice to have a space to just rant and not have people roll their eyes at me lol. I'll call tomorrow and see what they can do, if anything and if they cant I feel less anxious over the fact they dont match.
  • Emily
    Expert September 2020 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Silver lining... the teal matches the bit of teal in the invitation to me?!!

If vista print wont accommodate as the ladies said above... I would send it anyway! My friend put hers in a tiny envelope inside (hers didn’t match) and it wasn’t noticeable! ☺️
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with these ladies - VistaPrint is super accommodating! Chances are that when you explain to them that you even paid more money to get business cards to correct it that they will remake the invitations themselves - or at very least give a discount on the order.

If you're on a time crunch to get them sent out though I honestly don't think that anybody is going to nitpick your invites because the colour isn't a perfect match. Perhaps having them the same colour is what sets them apart!

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is so true! When I ordered my RSVP card I forgot to put “please RSVP by” and there was just this blank space (I moved it off the screen to move things around). Sent them an email and they mailed me all of them. I just paid for shipping which was like 6 bucks
  • Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly, Vistaprint is AMAZING. You can call or email them, tell them your mistake. They will likely fix it for you at no charge and resend them. They have the best customer service.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics