Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Keisha
Beginner August 2019 British Columbia

Interesting/personal/funny things in your wedding ceremony?

Keisha, on November 21, 2018 at 12:26 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 22

Hi ladies! My fiancee and I were talking about our wedding ceremony one night, and we were joking around saying how it'd be awesome to have our cat in the ceremony, and now we've decided to include our cat in the procession! She's very friendly and has been trained to walk on a leash but my brother will carry her down the aisle Smiley smile

I guess we'll be the crazy cat couple now!Smiley love Any of you ladies have similar funny, interesting personal touches you added to your wedding?Smiley ring

22 Comments

Latest activity by Allen, on December 3, 2018 at 08:49
  • Allen
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Allen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiance has a cat that they love each other, he wanted her in the wedding too but no pets allowed at the venue!!
  • Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I JOKED ABOUT GETTING A TRAINED BEAR TO BE OUR RING BEAR!! (Except I wasn't REALLY joking???? (I totally was) and my fiance put his foot down on this one and said no way... 🤣🙄)
  • Keisha
    Keisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    OMG RING BEAR Smiley heart Smiley love I can just imagine how adorable that's going to be!! What a fantastic idea! Smiley laugh

• Sara
    Newbie August 2019 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Dressing my nephew (who is going to be 1 and a half) up in a bear costume to be our “Ring Bear” with a bow tie the colour of the bridesmaids dresses so he will match 😍😍😍
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeahhh!!! I plan on having a little shout out to my dog (her name is Bacon) on the ceremony programs! A little... celebrating from the comfort of her bed! Hahah!!
  • Keisha
    Keisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh wow that's such a great idea! This sounds something that my FH and I would totally do Smiley smile thank you for sharing!!

• Keisha
    Keisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Love your ideas!!! I'd love to see you walk down the aisle with David Bowie playing, so awesome! They're so personal and unique to you, and even if other people don't understand it, they're for you Smiley laugh and also, I LOVE the secret garden too! One of my childhood favorites!!

That would be so awesome if you can include your cats in the photos, just trim your cats nails the day before the wedding and hopefully you'll be fine Smiley winking

• Keisha
    Keisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's so sweet, I'm sorry your grandpa won't be there for your wedding but what a beautiful touch. I love that it's so personal Smiley heart I'm thinking of doing something similar for our reception, and have photos of our loved ones who aren't with us anymore in frames at a small table Smiley smile

• Keisha
    Keisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's why we thought of the idea!! We don't have dogs (yet!) so our cat will do, also our ceremony is in a city park that's why we can get away with having our furbaby lol Smiley laugh

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Okay guys I LOVE your responses!!! The more personal the better, in my opinion, but my FH's family is very traditional, so I'm having to be a bit sneaky with my personal touches. I'm walking down the aisle to a David Bowie song... but it's a string quartet cover, and so far, only my mom has recognized it - and same for the recessional. The garden theme we're going with is also really (in my head, anyway), a SECRET GARDEN theme, because it was one of my favourite books when I was a kid. I've been scattering keys throughout the wedding and my fiance only asked this past weekend what they meant. Perfect excuse to sit him down and watch the movie Smiley smile

I have seen on instagram a photographer who takes pics of brides (in their dresses) with their cats. I have two kittens that will be about a year when I get married, and I'd love to get something similar taken of us. I worry for my tulle skirt though...

• Julia
    Frequent user August 2019 Alberta
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Including our dogs crossed my mind for about half a second lol. But they don’t do well with crowds of people so we included them in our engagement photos instead Smiley smile however we plan on having a couple of our horses at the ceremony, one in either side of the alter!
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awwww an adorably furry cat-astrophe.... Smiley xd

I'm so sorry for the terrible pun...

A wine box ceremony is when you get a wood box, and you put in a love letter to each other, and a bottle of wine, then you open up the letters and wine either: on your one year anniversary (which is what we will do) or some people have told me that you open it when you have your first fight.

Interesting/personal/funny things in your wedding ceremony? 1

• Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

People loved it and no one messed up! i was very impressed with everyone. we tried to keep it short too, which i think helped.

• Keisha
    Keisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha we have a total of 3 kitties but only 1 will make it to the ceremony, I can just see our ceremony go sideways if we had the whole fur family there...Smiley laugh

I don't think I've heard of a wine box ceremony before! That's kinda how I picture our ceremony too tbh, anything funny will probably happen due to nerves Smiley laugh

• Keisha
    Keisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love it!!! Your wedding ceremony sounds so beautiful, and very uniquely yours!Smiley love

That's really lovely where you had family and friends say the blessings portion. I might just copy that part lol Smiley laugh

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love that your cat is going to be in your wedding! We don't have any pets or anything cute to include, so our ceremony will be pretty simple.

• Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did a couple fun things for our ceremony. We wrote our own vows, had a hand-fasting ceremony which we braided our own ribbon for, we signed our documents with a lawyer-themed pen (we're both lawyers), and we walked out to the Avengers theme music. Oh and we had various family and friends say the blessings portion of our ceremony. Everyone loved all the individual and participatory touches.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh my gosh. We are OBSESSED with our fur baby kitty... and have joked about that as well. However ours is not trained, and she will already be with her babysitter by then Smiley laugh one of my coworkers is taking her for 2 weeks over the wedding/honeymoon.

I wouldn't call our ceremony interesting or funny... lol. We are going to incorporate a wine box ceremony though.

I think anything humorous will be in the moment, probably to break the tension if me or my fiance get anxious, or if I get overly emotional... haha.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Lol me and my FH have something similar; I say "I love you" and his response is "Shut up baby, I know it." hahaha and if I do say something afterwards related or not - he will sometimes throw in a "Didn't I just tell you to shut up??" lol ALL IN GOOD FUN I SWEAR!!!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Nothing that I can think of as of yet... We want just a quick ceremony so it would have to be something small. Our dog and cat will not be coming to the wedding as it's out of town but it would have been nice to have them in the pictures!

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've seen photos of bridesmaids walking down the aisle with puppies instead of bouquets and I LOOOOOOOOVE that idea!!! We are getting married in a church so sadly no puppies allowed... but I love that you're getting your cat involved!!
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are lighting a candle for my grandpa that raised me and passed away (actually my cousins are doing it..he was their grandpa too).

we wouldn't be able to include our cat. shes too much of a fraidy cat! hahah

I can legit see an eye roll from me in our ceremony. I always say "I love you" and my FH's response is "love love". with me usually going "just say it right" with an eye roll. so totally could see that happening unplanned.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics