Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kristen
Devoted May 2021 British Columbia

In store or online bridesmaid dresses?

Kristen, on August 27, 2019 at 18:27 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 18
Hey ladies. I'm just wondering who is/has bought bridesmaids dresses online? I'm pretty nervous doing it, but online has the exact styles I want my girls in. I can't for the life of my find anything close in store.

I'm not opposed to having a tiny bit of tailoring done. But sometimes you can't fix something bought online. Help!

Does anyone have a site that they or their girls have bought from that was successful?

18 Comments

Latest activity by Kristen, on September 1, 2019 at 03:32
  • Kristen
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awesome I'll take a look! Thank you Smiley smile also your display picture is so cute! I love your vest!
  • Julia
    Frequent user August 2019 Alberta
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My girls got their dresses on Jj’s House! They were perfect and excellent quality Smiley smile. They only took a couple weeks to get here and after the exchange, shipping and duty they were still all
    under $200 (they were short ones so long ones would be a little more). Overall great experience!
  • M
    Expert September 2019 Ontario
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love Light In The Box. Nothing but success from them
  • Kristen
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ohh gotcha! Haha I was like wow that's pretty generous! :p
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

They reimburse the alterations costs.

and they are happy with them!

• Kristen
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    They reimburse the whole dress that was incorrect?? I've heard really good things about this site.

And all your girls are happy with them??
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Azazie.ca was where we got our dresses!! They allow you to enter your measurements for a custom-fitting dress (no extra charge!) so minimal tailoring is needed - some girls just need a bit of a hem.

The quality is great, and if they need hemming/tailoring, azazie will reimburse for custom-sized dresses.

• Kristen
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lovely! Thank you so much! Smiley smile
  • Madisyn
    Expert February 2020 Ontario
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Definitely get the swatches! It also makes it easier to go shopping for groomsmen outfits. Dessy had 5 free swatches, you just need to pay shipping. I think it ended up being 16.95, but they arrived in 2 days!
  • Kristen
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's the same issue I have! Not all in different countries. But were all separated except for one. Swatches are an awesome idea. My fiance and I were just discussing what if it comes and it's not the right color. So I like that idea!
  • Madisyn
    Expert February 2020 Ontario
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We just placed our orders from Dessy this week! My girls are scattered all over the country so I didn't really see an option other than online. We wanted to go with Davids Bridal but their return policy is essentially non-existent. I wasn't comfortable doing that since the dress I wanted was online exclusive. Dessy has a great return policy and a warehouse in Ontario so there we won't be charged duties. I ordered swatches to make sure we got the right colour, but other than that I'm just trusting that the dress works out! The girls are all open to alterations if need be.
  • Kristen
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awesome I will check them out! Thank You! Smiley smile
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re ordering from Azazie.ca! i’m on a local wedding advice group on FB and have heard nothing but great reviews, so i’m super excited!
  • Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah that's true! But I'm out $150 T.T
  • Kristen
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh I believe it! Last thing I want to do. Ugh that sucks, at least someone will be able to get some use out of it though!
  • Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah that's super important the one we ordered from amazon was a third party seller so we would have had to pay return postage which international shipping is disgustingly expensive (I work in canada post outlet trust me). So I think we will have to consign it. Oh well.
  • Kristen
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    All good advice! Thank You! Didn't even think to check return policies. 🙃
  • Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I bought a dress on amazon that was fairly highly rated and was about 150 after shipping. Other than some gems falling off and the lace being really itchy it looked exactly like the picture. Although it was a little too good and we ended up not using it because I didn't want to be upstaged. Just make sure you check return policy and customer feedback before ordering anything and you should be fine. Also plan ahead and order way to early so you have time to fix anything if need be.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics