Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Valérie
VIP September 2019 Quebec

In need of a virtual hug : Last stretch before the big day!

Valérie, on August 31, 2019 at 20:50 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 18
I'm less than a week out.

I'm definitely keeping a straight/confident face for myself and everyone, because deep down I'm freaking the hell out.

- The venue manager has been AMAZING, but she's terrible at getting back to people. I've sent her my final headcount and menu choices last weekend and I still haven't received anything. With the long weekend, I have a feeling I won't hear back until Wednesday, which freaks me out.

- My dress is beautiful and I can't wait to wear it, but I noticed that the torso might've been shortened a smidge too much, same as the skirt because I see the tip of my shoes.

- My fake flower arrangements are here. They look great, except for the fact that my "big" monstera leaves are tiny and made of PAPER!!!! I have to find a solution tomorrow at Michael's because I have NO clue what I'm gonna do.

I'm starting to feel the pressure from our families, to have the answer to everything and have a plan for everything...which I don't.

I guess I just need to hear that everything is going to be okay and that what I'm feeling is normal.

Thank you all for being here and for providing this safe space!

18 Comments

Latest activity by Dionne, on September 13, 2019 at 15:50
  • Dionne
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Dionne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm sure everything worked out and you had a beautiful wedding despite all of the tiny mishaps. We had a tornado warning 8 minutes before the start of our wedding. I was one bouquet short so my flower girl carried the toss away bouquet. Our decorations for the outdoor ceremony had to bungee tied to the arbour because of how windy it was (bungee cords were not visible to us and nor in the pictures. My wife's MOH had a was in a car accident on the way to her hairdresser in the morning. Guess what...none of this ruined our day. We didn't even know about it until after our wedding (except for the missing bouquet, which was a simple fix). Focus on how happy you both are and what a magical time this is for you both

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I hope you had a wonderful wedding day! I'm sure you made a stunning bride Smiley smile

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    To every single one of you: Thank you!!!!
    I really truly appreciate this community and the support that comes from it, from you. It’s helped me a hundred times to take a step back and breathe. ❤️
  • Alanna
    Newbie June 2020 British Columbia
    Alanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So exciting!! You got this just have fun with it and it will come and go before you know it. Smiley smile

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You have this Valerie! I know you are stressed but you are in the last few weeks.

Pamper yourself and just take a breath. Cassie gave some great advice below!

• C
    Curious April 2020 Alberta
    Cassie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You got this ! Take a minute, take a breath. Everything will fall into place. I would make a list of all the things that need attention and get some help from your bridesmaids. Take a day to go out and find a solution for your flowers but get a facial or your nails done too.

Try on your dress again & know that you are going to look beyond amazing on your big day and no one will notice if it’s a little shorter than you hoped. They will be mesmerized by your beauty.

Family is the most stressful part of the day- make a list of the things they want to know and work through it with your coordinator and your bride squad. If it’s not that important no need to find the answer!

You got this & congratulations!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You and your FH got this! I'm sure it's stressful as I'm already starting to feel it and I'm a month away - but make sure to lean on your FH for support and help!!

• Lorena
    Newbie August 2020 Holguin
    Lorena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Everything is doing to be fine. Try not to stress the small stuff because none of that will matter once you have tied the knot. And on the positive side, if things do go wrong, at least tou will have some stories to share with your grandkids haha. Hope yoi have a wonderful wedding!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You have everything in motion and ready to roll with your day to come. Your going to be ok and feel relaxed when you reach the venue. Calm and cool is the key to just getting towards the week looking forward to saying I DO to your husband.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Everything WILL work out!! You're in the final stretch and this time next week, it'll all be a distant memory (the stressing).

The next few days might be hectic, which I totally think it's normal to be a little more stressed in the final days leading up to the wedding, but you're so close to the wedding now!!

• Sharlene
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Try not to focus on people's opinions unless they bring forward an imperative detail that you might have overlooked. All the really needs to have is that you get married and people are fed. The rest is "gravy". Good luck and enjoy your wedding that you dreamed about, planned for, saved for and prepared for.
  • Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Everything will work out for the best! Sending you a massive hug and positive vibes!

• Julie
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Everything will work out great ❤️!!! I have the same fear and the same feeling as you !! My wedding is in 12 days and I’m starting to freak out a little bit since we have been doing everything in our own. I bet your wedding is going to be really amazing and you will have the best time of your life!!! As long as you have each other, that’s all that really matters !! Wishing you lots of joy and love on your big day !!! Sending you a big hug 🤗
  • K
    Frequent user September 2022 Ontario
    Katrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Everything will work out! Remain positive. Focus on one thing at a time and ask for help from your party and loved ones. You’re going to feel all the emotions this week but don’t let them get the best of you. You’ve got this! At the end of the day, you’re still marrying your love and that’s all that matters. ♥️
  • Miav
    Devoted September 2020 Alberta
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sending you lots of virtual hugs!! I'm sure everything will work out. You are marrying the love of your life Smiley heart

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It'll all work out for sure. All weddings have something that isn't perfect. Your venue will most likely get back to you on Tuesday giving you some piece of mind and everything else no one will notice. Remember to breath and enjoy the time.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Everything will all work out! Honestly it’s a long weekend so your venue could be super busy this weekend.
    Only you will notice that your dress is short. Many people won’t even notice especially when you are walking and moving around all the time!
    You can do it! Take a deep breath and everything will be great next weekend!!
  • Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What you’re feeling is definitely normal. Everything will come together and, even if it’s not 100% perfect, your guests won’t have a clue.
    In my best Dory voice,
    ”Just keep breathing!”

Have an amazingly beautiful day!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics