Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

I'm surprised my fiancé(e) cared so much about...

Lynnie, on June 18, 2018 at 10:25 Posted in WeddingWire 0 24

Finish that sentence! What were you surprised that your fiancé(e) cared so much about?

Did they suddenly have super strong feelings about your songs, decor, or attire? Did they feel surprisingly strongly about getting married in specific place or venue?

giphy.gif

Next Question: I'm surprised I didn't care that much about...

To start from the beginning, click here: Wedding Planning Surprises

24 Comments

Latest activity by Kaisha, on November 18, 2018 at 01:03
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He really wants to due the bouquet and garter toss. I fully intended on skipping this until he spoke up.

• Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Having all the family there. I knew he was family man but I thought it would be better and cheaper to elope he said no to that VERY fast

• Brenda
    Curious July 2019 Ontario
    Brenda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

DJ and songs!! He's so excited adding favorites to the list haha

• Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He helped with every step of the wedding and we made decisions together on what to have.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He wasn't really concerned about any particular thing. He just wanted everything to be perfect.

• Sheilah
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Sheilah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not seeing my dress or me in it before the ceremony. I asked him if he wanted to do a "first look" photo to give us a few minutes together before the ceremony but he is dead set against it. He says he doesn't want to see me all dressed up until I am walking down the aisle.
  • Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sticking to certain traditions, like cutting the cake, and the bouquet and garter toss!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm surprised my fiance cared so much about the cake wanting to looking more of a showpeice. My now husband loced the cake just the way i ordered it.
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I forget what it was, because it was that small and insignificant, but it was something that like I didn’t care about at all and he just had this really big opinion about it!
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He hasn't surprised me at all with planning. All the things he is most interested in planning are things I expected him to be excited about.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The invitations! This is so surprising since I'm ready to go ahead with them and he's still insisting we go down another avenue.

• Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was surprised he cared about the decor Smiley smile

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

EVERYTHING! Venue, time of year, bridal parties, colours, his tux, the guys tuxes, officiant, DJ, food, bar, photos, etc....

Literally, equal... okay, maybe 60/40, partnership on decisions.

• Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m surprised he cared so much about everything! He has had a serious opinion or say in almost every aspect of the wedding... including my dress! (He hasn’t seen the dress though Smiley winking ) I didn’t peg him as someone who would want to be so involved in planning the wedding.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was surprised how much he actually cared about the little things like the mason jar lanterns and the centerpieces.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What other people think about the bar situation. Even though we've talked about not wanting to have an open bar (we can't afford it), every time someone mentions it, he sorta questions our decision.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Music. He is all over it, finding a program that will fade the music, asking people for their favourite songs for the dance. He waivered on DJ or no DJ for quite awhile
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He has been very supportive and we have very similar taste so nothing too shocking.

His mum has been a bit (okay, more than a bit) negative since we've gotten engaged, so I was quite surprised that he was very vocal that he wanted her at the closest table to us.

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m surprised he cares so much about the website and getting that up and ready to go.

Overall I really appreciate that he’s been an active participant in the planning process (he’s way more linear and conservative than I am though)
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance cared a lot about the food. He's not picky, but he really wanted to make sure it would accommodate everyone from his family.

• Lydia
    Devoted June 2019 British Columbia
    Lydia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    About everything! :o he's super into it, more than I am and really knows what he wants and has his standards for weddings Haha
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was really surprised about how traditional he wants to be when it comes to not seeing my wedding dress until we are getting married and how he doesn’t want to see me that day until I’m walking down the isle
  • Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He really cares about who was being invited and about the order of the wedding party for the ceremony.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was actually surprised that he does care about the songs! I made a playlist on Spotify and he insisted going through it and picking a first dance song. I mean, we still haven't picked one but he wan't to pick it with me Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics