Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

I'm surprised I didn't care that much about...

Lynnie, on June 18, 2018 at 10:25 Posted in WeddingWire 0 23

Finish that sentence! What detail are you surprised that you didn't that much about?

Whether you had decision fatigue or it just dropped low on your priority list - what did you just not care that much about?

giphy.gif

Next Question: What is the most surprising gift you've received?

To start from the beginning, click here: Wedding Planning Surprises

23 Comments

Latest activity by Kaisha, on November 18, 2018 at 01:05
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The decor I guess, our venue is so amazing I don't want to do too much.

• Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Music....and seating chart (yet)

• Brenda
    Curious July 2019 Ontario
    Brenda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Beauty treatment and stuff... rather focus on sunscreen, diet and exercise, probably just get a natural look makeup for the day and that's it. Smiley xd

• Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had specific idea on what i wanted for decor which did not include flowers, really didn't care too much about flowers, cake, and of course what people thought. Some had very strong opinions on how things should look, how i should do my hair and so on....

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I absolutely hated making the favours. It was the most tedious task out of everything!

• Sheilah
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Sheilah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't care about other people's opinions. We aren't having the usual evening reception with dinner, drinks and a big party. Some people are really annoyed by it and I thought I'd care about the backlash but I just don't.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm surprised i didn't care about some of my husband's co workers point of view of relationships and dealing of wedding gifts splitting inputs. The one had no clue was marriage is all about and what happens when you become one as a couple. She thinks she's right about everything. No way!
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The decor. It really doesn’t bother me, the only reason I’m doing it is for the pictures and my mum.
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The decorations.. our venue is naturally beautiful so it really doesn't need much so I was surprised by the fact that I don't care what decorations we do pick..
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The invitations lol. I just want to pick something and go with it, but FH is insisting we use his graphic designer friend to customize invitations for us. I feel like it's a waste for us since we're not going for anything very specific.

• Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didn't really care about the plate and napkins decor.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Umm... I guess I've relinquished control on a few things, and tried to be more easy going... I'm most surprised I have become okay with my fiance having 2 times as many groomsmen as I do bridesmaids (8 and 4)...
    My OCD brain hasn't exploded yet...

• Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m surprised I didn’t care that much about everyone else’s opinions. Almost the whole time we’ve been planning the wedding, I’ve known what I want and FH was the only one who could change my mind. Usually I tend to be a people pleaser. But when it came to anything wedding related, I didn’t budge.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didn't care that much about following traditions so that was easy but I was surprised that I wasn't all that worried about our ceremony and speeches as they were all done by friends and being a little type A I thought it would bother me.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My hair and makeup! I'm sure I'll find something I'll like, but I'm not actively searching for a specific look or brand of makeup.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Flowers. When my SIL offered to make bouquets, I turned it all over to her so I have no idea what flowers will be in my bouquet!
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

There's a few things I didn't care about. I'm a fairly type A personality who LOVES details, so I was worried I'd be TOO into all the details. But I have a list of things that I've said "whatever works, I don't care to".

- What the girls are wearing. I wanted a certain colour but style, shoes, jewellery, whatever they like!

- Having a wedding cake. We aren't doing one

- What music is played at the wedding. I cared about the ceremony songs, but that's it really

- What is said in the speeches, who is doing speeches.

Just to name a few things.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Centrepieces! I never noticed/remembered what the centrepieces were at any other wedding, the same will probably happen at mine, which is why I'm doing a simple DIY

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    About my dress. I’m committed to not spending and arm and a leg on it, and just finding something that I love when I’m ready. I’ll know when I know 🤷🏾‍♀️. And I’ve yet to see any design that really gets me excited.
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My hair. Before I got engaged I had talked about what my hair would look like and wanted to make sure it was right. When I had my trial, she didn't really show me what it was going to be like, so I was going in blind. I didn't really care though, as I knew if there was something I didn't like she would help fix it.

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Switching our wedding completely over. After all the time, deposits and stress, I was happy to let it all go haha I thought maybe I would regret it. Nope. Couldn’t be happier
  • Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm surprised I didn't care so much about the wedding cake. The baker drew up an idea and I said sure and my FH picked all the flavours etc.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Surprisingly I don't care about what people think. I grew up with people telling me I shouldn't go into a certain job field and I took it to heart and listened! But now with MY (and my FH's) wedding - I have no care as to what they want. Found a venue out of the city - some family doesn't like the drive; just don't come!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics